Dentists Trying To Enter Software Field. Need Suggestions!

hi friends.....i am Dr.Aksh,dentist by qualification.....but i am interested in software field.....i want to achieve something in this field, very big...... please help me.... u can contact me.
Please send suggestions.....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    dentist
    hi friends.....i am Dr.Aksh,dentist by qualification.....but i am interested in software field.....i want to achieve something in this field, very big...... please help me.... u can contact me.
    Could you tell us your specific interests? Are you interested in coding or hardware? What are your plans?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    dentist
    That's interesting! 😀 I would like to know why you don't want to continue dentistry. 😨
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Wow thats great dentist + Software engineer ! First decide which language you want to learn.
  • dentist
    dentist
    The_Big_K
    Could you tell us your specific interests? Are you interested in coding or hardware? What are your plans?

I really don't know anything in engineering.... my idea is to learn programing and create some program,for example, Facebook,gyan-airtel..... it is my gross idea. If u suggest me which programs i should learn, i can take up courses and think something innovative.
  • dentist
    dentist
    AbraKaDabra
    That's interesting! 😀 I would like to know why you don't want to continue dentistry. 😨

Dear friend,i am doing my private practice. But, since school days i was interested in computers, unfortunately due to my parents i got into dentistry, later got busy with dental subjects, internals,patients,exams....... now i am free from my parents. Now i want to work for my passion.
    Please send your suggestions.

Thanks
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    dentist
    I really don't know anything in engineering.... my idea is to learn programing and create some program,for example, Facebook,gyan-airtel..... it is my gross idea. If u suggest me which programs i should learn, i can take up courses and think something innovative.
    You don't need to learn programming to create a Facebook like website. Why not simply setup a site using tools like WordPress + Buddypress? It will help you create a social network on your own, within not more than 2 hours. The real challenge lies in making it successful.

Learning a computer language won't take lot of time, if you're good with logic & algorithms. First determine what you want to do and start reading a lot. Forums like this could be a great start point where you can get your problems answered. However, you'll first need a masterplan to know which language to learn and why.

There are several languages you can pick up if you want to get started in programming. If you're absolutely new to programming; age old C programming still rules and it will help you get familiar with the concepts of programming. If the web attracts you more; PHP+MySQL would be a great start point.

The first step is to finalize your plan.
  • dentist
    dentist
    Thanks for your suggestions. I have a question in mind. I hear people create some programmes/software/applications..... and they sell it to big companies for millions . what do they actually do and if i want success like them what are the steps i can take.

I am sorry if my questions are very silly.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    dentist
    Thanks for your suggestions. I have a question in mind. I hear people create some programmes/software/applications..... and they sell it to big companies for millions . what do they actually do and if i want success like them what are the steps i can take.

I am sorry if my questions are very silly.
    No questions are silly. You can always sell software online. Why not figure out the best of the two worlds you are familiar with - Dentists & Software. Why not develop a software that solves the problems that dentists face? Think of a software that'd solve a problem that you face as a dentist. It could be easy management of your tools, or billing or something that makes the live easier for the dentists.

Once you've developed a software; you can sell it to dentists over the Internet. That should be a huge market!

If you can develop a software that solves problems for bigger companies; you have a great potential!
  • dentist
    dentist
    That was really a very kind suggestions from you, Thank you!
    So for making such software, what should i learn?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    dentist
    That was really a very kind suggestions from you, Thank you!
    So for making such software, what should i learn?
    Check this link:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Read this article:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

For a beginner, video tutorials will be a good help. You will find many in CE Forum itself.
    Do a little searching in the forum.

For a starter, start reading / watch video tutorials about C language. Get yourself acquainted with one language and you will get an idea about Programming language.
  • careerchanger
    careerchanger
    Dr.Aksh , I am also in a similar situation like you. How can i contact u?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    careerchanger
    Dr.Aksh , I am also in a similar situation like you. How can i contact u?
    Start a private conversation.
  • dentist
    dentist
    Oh ok. I am working in Bangalore. What are you doing? Where are you from? You can mail me at <>
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    dentist
    Oh ok. I am working in Bangalore. What are you doing? Where are you from? You can mail me at <>
    #-Link-Snipped-# Please start Private conversion for exchanging mail address. Posting ID in public increase spam only.

OR You can communicate via profile page.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    The_Big_K
    No questions are silly. You can always sell software online. Why not figure out the best of the two worlds you are familiar with - Dentists & Software. Why not develop a software that solves the problems that dentists face? Think of a software that'd solve a problem that you face as a dentist. It could be easy management of your tools, or billing or something that makes the live easier for the dentists.

Once you've developed a software; you can sell it to dentists over the Internet. That should be a huge market!

If you can develop a software that solves problems for bigger companies; you have a great potential!
    Good idea !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Concept of Pushdown Automata, Equivalance between acceptance by Empty store and acceptance by Final State in the Theory of Automata, Formal Languages and Computation were neatly explained by Prof.Kamala Krithivasan,...
Concept of Pushdown Automata CFG to PDA in the Theory of Automata, Formal Languages and Computation were neatly explained by Prof.Kamala Krithivasan, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras....
Concept of Pushdown Automata PDA to CFG in the Theory of Automata, Formal Languages and Computation were neatly explained by Prof.Kamala Krithivasan, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras....
Various Problems with Solutions in the Theory of Automata, Formal Languages and Computation were neatly explained by Prof.Kamala Krithivasan, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras. Feel free to...
Concept of Turing Machines in the Theory of Automata, Formal Languages and Computation were neatly explained by Prof.Kamala Krithivasan, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras. Feel free to...