Demineralised Water makeup in Boilers of Power Plant

In standard power plant, having boiler pressure > 80kg/cm² ; D.M Water is used. Generally makeup water is added in hot-well of condenser where steam condensed ( after expansion in steam turbine ) is extracted . I would like to know whether make-up water at higher (>atmospheric) temperature can be added without compromising water quality ? Idea is hot make-up water may improve heat rate of power plant by extracting waste heat at some other point to heat up the make-up water & thus saving fuel.😲

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Hot water is usually at 70 deg C. This is about 40 C above ambient, which means that you get about 34 WHr/litre extra energy. The economics of this considering capital and running costs of such waste heat recovery systems ,ay have to be worked out.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have recently come across this thing. Electric Field, Line Chargean we somehow create pages which will enable us to post integration, derivation and other mathematical symbols? This one was...
please tell me where can i get android tutorials and useful content
does any one can help me as i am in search of ieee format seminars for mtech (power ele)...........
Solar-powered car heads to Australia for global race | News | The Engineer
Lectures on Engineering Chemistry I by Prof.K.Mangala Sunder. Department of Chemistry, IIT Madras. Discuss this and feel free to ask questions.