CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Ankita Katdare • 20 Jan, 2014 • 3 likes
Dell has launched its new Venue tablets in India with Dell Venue 7, Venue 8, Venue 8 Pro and Venue 11 Pro. Out of these 4 tablets, the Venue 7 and Venue 8 run on Android Jelly Bean 4.2 operating system whereas the Venue 8 Pro and 11 Pro run on Windows 8.1 OS. The tablets have been around for a while. P Krishnakumar, Dell India's executive director and general manager for consumer and small business said the company wants to offer a full range that gives users a choice. Intel South Asia Managing Director Debjani ghosh said the tablet is evolving and people are expecting more and this is crucial for a country like India where it could be the first device for computing for many people. Let us take a look at the features of the Dell Venue tablet series one by one!

Dell Venue 7 and Venue 8 tablet which is priced at Rs 10,999 and Rs. 17,499 respectively is powered by the 2 GHz Intel Atom Z2560 and Z2580 Dual Core processors. Both the tablets feature 2GB RAM and a HD screen with 1280x800 pixel resolution display. The Dell Venue 7 has a 16 GB hard drive whereas the the Venue 8 has 12 and 32 GB variants. Taking a look at the camera on the tablets - the Venue 7 rear camera is 3 megapixel and the front one is an integrated VGA. Whereas for the Dell Venue 8 tablet, there's a 5 megapixel one on the rear and a 2 megapixel one on the front.

dell-venue-7 dell-venue-8
Dell Venue 7 and Dell Venue 8
Coming to the Dell Venue 8 Pro features an Intel Atom Quad Core processor. The 8-inch screen has a resolution of 1280x800 pixels, 2 GB internal memory, two hard drive variants - 32 GB and 64 GB variants. On the front, there's a 1.2 megapixel camera and a 5 megapixel rear camera. The Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet has been priced at Rs 26,499. All the tablets will come with 24x7 support, accidental damage coverage and advance exchange warranty.

dell-venue-8-pro
On the connectivity front, tablets feature Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 and MicroUSB 2.0 port. An integrated 4100 mAh battery runs the tablets. The Dell Venue 11 Pro tablet features a 10.8 inches IPS LCD touch screen with 1920x 1080 pixel resolution. Powered by the 2.4 GHz Intel Bay Trail processor, the Venue 11 Pro tablet has a rear camera that is 8 megapixel one whereas the front one is a 2 megapixel. A 5130 mAh battery runs this tablet. That's pretty much everything we know about the tablets right now.

How do you like the features, specs and price of the all-new Dell Venue tablets in India? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.​
@Ankita Katdare • 20 Jan, 2014 Here are the official videos about Dell Venue 7 and Venue 8 -

as well as for Dell Venue 8 Pro -

Is it possible for Dell to give competition to Samsung and Apple?
@Ankita Katdare • 26 Oct, 2014 The official price in India for Dell Venue 7 and 8 tablets are out.
The Dell Venue 7 (WiFi) is available for Rs. 11,999 whereas its Dell Venue 7 (3G with voice calling) is priced at Rs. 14,999.

On the other hand, the Dell Venue 8 (WiFi) is available at Rs. 12,999, whereas the 3G and voice-calling variant if priced at Rs. 18,999.
@Gollapinni Karthik Sharma • 29 Oct, 2014 My thumbs up for the Nexus 9. Not even comparable to it. That seems more promising than the Dell 7 and 8.

What do you think @Ankita Katdare ?
@Ankita Katdare • 29 Oct, 2014 I think I might've to disagree. If you compare the specs for Dell Venue 8 and Nexus 9, you will find that they are almost the same. However, Nexus 9 is priced a lot higher than Venue 8.

Plus for Venue 8 7000 -
1. Higher screen resolution (1600 x 2560 pixels, 359 ppi)
2. Quad Core processor
3. Better front facing camera.

Check specs by specs comparison here: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Dell-Venue-8-7000,Google-Nexus-9/phones/8914,8926

It all comes down to which brand you trust and would rather opt.
@Gollapinni Karthik Sharma • 30 Oct, 2014 Yeah I agree with you but even though its dual core it is 64 bit. And the battery is more compared to Dell.
Although it lacks storage expansion.
1.5k views

Related Posts

@parkworldICE · Nov 28, 2012

I'm Currently a 5th year student taking up BS Instrumentation and Control Engineering, for those who have good ideas of topic about instrumentation and control, kindly post your ideas in...
2k views

@qaisarpk1 · Nov 4, 2008

i need soltion manual of electronic communication system by kenedy. plz tell me where from i can download it?
2.1k views

@qaisarpk1 · Feb 1, 2010

what is the the exact defination of "pinch off voltage " in JFET.. is it function of VDS or VGS? some books says that at pinch off state ID is...
1.8k views

@sweet_honey · Oct 26, 2012

Since the campus preparations are going on so this question is very popular among all. I thought to share it here with all. So describe yourself in one word.. (May...
3.2k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Nov 20, 2008

CEans, I've been thinking of making a list of all time, most popular engineering books related to general engineering. Add your entries
1.6k views