Delhi Based Bling Telecom Files Trademark Violation Against Micromax 'Bling' Mobile!

Indian actress Twinkle Khanna who is the brand ambassador for Micromax's popular mobile phone model oriented towards women 'Bling' won't Twinkle anymore. The Delhi based telecom company, Bling Telecom has filed a trademark violation case against the Micromax Mobile.

According to the order, a copy of which is with ET, the court restrained Micromax, including its employees, agents, representatives, or anyone acting on their behalf, from using the trademark 'Bling' or any other name confusingly similar till the next date of hearing, February 8, 2011

In addition to this, the court order (Dt. 19 October 2010) prevents the company from displaying advertisements of the Bling phone on the Internet, Radio, Television and Print media. The Swarovski elements-embedded Bling is one of the top selling mobile phones of the company. It's said that the company has paid a heavy fee to the brand ambassadors of the phone.

Bling is the model which company uses to showcase the lower priced phone could be a fashion statement for ladies. The phone costs only Rs. 6500/- in India.

Chariman of Bling Telecom has said that the company filed for the trademark back in July 2009.

Well, all is NOT well for Bling!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So, you worked hard to find a great idea for your final/third year project. You are working hard on it to make it work. I hope you will get good...
So, while browsing the Internet, I stumbled upon this India-Compliant Blackberry Mobile communication services aimed at Blackberry users in India. The company's aim is to provide an India-compliant solution to...
I've seen many bright candidates don't do well in interviews just because they become to nervous during job interview. Well, can we control our nervousness and face the interview with...
Why should I go for parallel programming for my application since I am getting all the services in the current version VS 2005 in the form of Async thread. Please...
hi, My recommended that canadian universities are best for MS and i could find better education over there.I need to find the better univ concerned to my field of interest.My...