Decision Help : Job Or CAT Preparation?

Hello everybody,
I am an electronics and communication engineering student studying in Final year.
I have been placed in prestigious software company which gives salary 3 lacs p.a.
I am confused whether i should join company or i should take a drop and prepare for CAT.
Please make a suggestion..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bhavik_crazyengg
    Hello everybody,
    I am an electronics and communication engineering student studying in Final year.
    I have been placed in prestigious software company which gives salary 3 lacs p.a.
    I am confused whether i should join company or i should take a drop and prepare for CAT.
    Depends on what you're planning to do in your life and what your long term goals are. Unless you know the destination; there's no point in walking on the path. Assuming you're preparing for CAT 2012; you still have a good long year to prepare. You might just join and work extra hours for your CAT studies.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    You can prepare for CAT while doing the job also na.... but remember:

Anyone can give any suggestion but it's your life...take your own decission
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    the break might sometime affect the impression the interviewing panel will have on you. it is best to prepare while working.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CIVILPRINCESS
    the break might sometime affect the impression the interviewing panel will have on you. it is best to prepare while working.
    It can be a positive impression too; if he justifies it. I'd rather prepare myself to study while working. It's hard, but worth it.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    bhavik_crazyengg
    Hello everybody,
    But i've heard from people, who did leave their jobs to prepare for Cat, that when you go for the interview they will obviously question the decision and no matter what tales you spin, it will make the interviewers feel you just can not "multi-task". and what good is a manager if he can't multi task?

my friend was asked this question and she was dumbfounded. So if you still want to use the 9 months for preparation, then please have fitting answers for these questions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have some ideas, such as these: Android-based Prescription Viewer Application Children Tracking System Using Bluetooth MANET Composed of Android Mobile Terminals Network-Assisted Mobile Computing with Optimal Uplink Query Processing...
frnds.. we are planning to conduct a national level technical symposium for the first time in our college.. and i am the organizer of this fest .. so can anybody...
I heard that people ever tried the constant-volume combustion type gas turbine engines many years ago and gave up later. I think the reason is that the engine was heavy...
Literati is a technical fest organized by NIT Kurukshetra that grows larger every year. Literati 2012 represents the culmination of science, engineering and path-breaking technology. It not only helps you...
Petrovision is a technocratic event organized by the Society of Petroleum Technologists, Department of Chemical Engineering, Alagappa College of Technology. It provides a platform for budding technologists and engineers to...