CrazyEngineers
  • Hello everybody,
    I am an electronics and communication engineering student studying in Final year.
    I have been placed in prestigious software company which gives salary 3 lacs p.a.
    I am confused whether i should join company or i should take a drop and prepare for CAT.
    Please make a suggestion..
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 18, 2011

bhavik_crazyengg
    Hello everybody,
    I am an electronics and communication engineering student studying in Final year.
    I have been placed in prestigious software company which gives salary 3 lacs p.a.
    I am confused whether i should join company or i should take a drop and prepare for CAT.
    Depends on what you're planning to do in your life and what your long term goals are. Unless you know the destination; there's no point in walking on the path. Assuming you're preparing for CAT 2012; you still have a good long year to prepare. You might just join and work extra hours for your CAT studies.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • K!r@nS!ngu

MemberDec 18, 2011

You can prepare for CAT while doing the job also na.... but remember:

Anyone can give any suggestion but it's your life...take your own decission
    Cancel
  • CIVILPRINCESS

MemberDec 21, 2011

the break might sometime affect the impression the interviewing panel will have on you. it is best to prepare while working.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 21, 2011

CIVILPRINCESS
    the break might sometime affect the impression the interviewing panel will have on you. it is best to prepare while working.
    It can be a positive impression too; if he justifies it. I'd rather prepare myself to study while working. It's hard, but worth it.
    Cancel
  • cooltwins

MemberJan 5, 2012

bhavik_crazyengg
    Hello everybody,
    But i've heard from people, who did leave their jobs to prepare for Cat, that when you go for the interview they will obviously question the decision and no matter what tales you spin, it will make the interviewers feel you just can not "multi-task". and what good is a manager if he can't multi task?

my friend was asked this question and she was dumbfounded. So if you still want to use the 9 months for preparation, then please have fitting answers for these questions.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register