Dealing with Files with .bin extension

hello guys i have got a rar archive with a bin and a cue file

I am not able to use it or open it

Can anyone help with the fundas of the .bin files

how to use them?

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    These file extensions are commonly used to show that a file is an image of a CD or DVD.
    The most simple way to access these files is to use your CD or DVD Burner to burn them to a disk. Nero is a common program that is used to burn bin/cue files to hard media.
    One really nice thing to do is to treat these files as a virtual CD or DVD without ever burning them. #-Link-Snipped-# is one program that is often used to do this. Microsoft now has a #-Link-Snipped-#
    The other place that *.bin files are frequently used are in emulation software. Gaming roms are often stored in compressed files full of bin files. If you have a zip file full of *.bin files, try #-Link-Snipped-# or some similiar emulator.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Disk images, try PowerISO.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    These file extensions are commonly used to show that a file is an image of a CD or DVD.use your CD or DVD Burner to burn them to a disk. OR
    treat these files as a virtual CD or DVD without ever burning them. Daemon Tools is one program that is often used to do this.*.bin files are frequently used are in emulation software. Gaming roms are often stored in compressed files full of bin files. If you have a zip file full of *.bin files, try Mame or some similiar emulator.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    hey this the tech recipes info

but can you tell me how to do

for the emulator Mame or Daemon tool?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    It is because I dont have a cd or dvd rom

but i have a 4 part material which has 4 win rar archieve each consisting of a .bin and a .cue file

now i want to use it and open it

please help me
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    hey dude I think Nero will help you to open it
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    do you mean to say that if i right click and say open with nero

then it will open
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    use daemon tools, free version available..check here : Download DAEMON Tools for free - DAEMON-Tools.cc
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    extract that file then open daemon tool,mount that image file in daemon tool

but i think as you said you don't have a CD/DVD drive then you can not able to mount that .bin,cue
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    daemon tools create a virtual DVD drive on which the .bin/.cue files are mounted..you can specify the number of virtual drives to be created..
  • arun.aj
    arun.aj
    nand dont forget to select ALL SUPPORTED IMAGES while mounting using Daemon tools😀😀
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Thank you guys

Working on your advice

lets see what's the result
  • as_nawin
    as_nawin
    Burn .bin file without .cue file

To burn a bin file, you will need an appropriate cue file.

You do exactly the same as for iso files, but when you click on “burn image,” you don’t browse to the bin itself, but instead to the cue file, and you open that one.
    When the writer starts to burn, it will automatically search for the bin file and start burning it. In fact, the cue file tells the burning program where it can find the bin file that is attached to it. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you use the right cue file when you burn a bin. i.e both cue and bin files that are attached to each other must be located in the same folder, and every bin file has it’s own cue file.

Normally, when you download a bin file, you can download the appropriate cue file as well. If you do not have the cue file (or feel bold) you can make the cue file yourself, which is really easy to do:

a. Open notepad

b. Copy the folowing text into notepad:

FILE“nameofimage“BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

Where nameofimage.bin is the name of the bin file you want ot burn.

c. The rest is easy: just save the notepad text with the name of the bin, but with the cue extension.

d. The file should be saved in the same folder as its appropriate bin file and should be something like myfile.cue
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    This is the interface of the Daemon tool i have downloaded and installed

Now please help me with the steps i need to take in order to use and run a .bin file

Thank you[​IMG]
  • accoolaryan
    accoolaryan
    .bin & .cue files are cd images ,either you burn them on a cd using nero or instaall daemon tool by the way later is much better
  • accoolaryan
    accoolaryan
    use virtual device icon in your daemon tool and mount the file u want to use ok.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ques] The volume of the solid generated by the revolution, about x-axis, of the area bounded by the curve y = f(x), the x-axis and the ordinates x=a, =b is...
In rankine cycle , after passing through pump why we cannot take the enthalpy of saturated water from steam table ?
in an ideal rankine cycle , fluid approaching the pump is always a saturated fluid. but what about the fluid coming from pump, is it saturated ? if not then...
How to simulate a robot in pro-e using degrees of freedom......
I got this idea from CEan Durga. She recently updated her personal email signature to include a link to CE 😀 I guess we can come up with a nice...