Dead Sea Scrolls Which Are 2,000-Year-old Go Online

Two thousand years after they were written and decades after they were found in desert caves, some of the world-famous Dead Sea Scrolls went online for the first time on Monday in a project launched by Israel's national museum and the web giant Google.
The appearance of five of the most important Dead Sea scrolls on the Internet is part of a broader attempt by the custodians of the celebrated manuscripts — who were once criticized for allowing them to be monopolized by small circles of scholars — to make them available to anyone with a computer.

[ The Dead Sea Scrolls are a collection of 972 texts from the Hebrew Bible and extra-biblical documents found between 1947 and 1956 at Khirbet Qumran on the northwest shore of the Dead Sea from which it derives its name, in the British Mandate For Palestine, in what is now named the West Bank. ]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Guys! I'm trying to design a portable rain harvest system for my capstone class. My project target is rural areas where people don't have good water system. I'm thinking...
OLogic introduces a cell phone dock that makes interactive apps even more interactive. [video=youtube;bCivkzuY6q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCivkzuY6q0&feature=player_embedded[/video]
hi i have a saturated steam flowing in a line, the design condition for the orfice in this line was 40 bar, but now the pressure of steam is only...
In a cricket match, if wicket falls continously from 1st ball onwards, after the 10th ball, which batsman will be not out batsman? Note :All the outs are bowled outs!
Nvidia KAL-EI Chip With Five Cores Introduced - CrazyEngineers Intel Ivy Bridge To Provide Support For 4K Resolution - CrazyEngineers World’s Smallest Camera From Hammacher Schlemmer - CrazyEngineers MusixMatch App...