DC to AC: Converting 9V DC into AC by inverter?

is this possible CEeans ๐Ÿ˜€ a 9 volt DC voltage is converted to AC by usin inverter .......... ??? can it be stepped up to 230 volt usin step up transformer ???? is this process is feasible ????

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Losses in boost converters will mount but it is very much possible
  • lal
    lal
    Perfectly possible! Same like a 12V inverter or UPS works.
  • navi shiv
    navi shiv
    if this is possible can it be economical.......... ???? will the losses wil be more???
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    It is being used in some place but manufacturing cost I am not sure only a few components and so I think this will be Economical in the longer run
  • Festus Aladesuyi
    Festus Aladesuyi
    Its much more possible even as low as 6v Dc supply and economical
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    But what are you planning to do with it ?
  • navi shiv
    navi shiv
    can it work wit house hold appliances ๐Ÿ˜€ ????
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    What the design ?๐Ÿ˜•
  • Festus Aladesuyi
    Festus Aladesuyi
    navi shiv
    can it work wit house hold appliances ๐Ÿ˜€ ????
    This actually depend on the Amp-Hour rate of the Battery, the amplification of the transistor or Mosfet uses and finally the transformer current rate
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    It is better to go with MOS I suppose as losses are higher in power transistors Don't think so #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Festus Aladesuyi
    Festus Aladesuyi
    All u need in the oscillator section is an oscillation ic with Vcc 6v and transformer voltage 6v
  • navi shiv
    navi shiv
    amp hour rate of CAR battery ......is feasible ???
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    It depends on the load you are going to put in your design

If too many appliances there will be some problem for low power devices that is enough

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear All, I need a solution for creating a column free space in the function hall of a proposed hotel. The function hall comes at a lower level of the...
hi there is a new development in fighting malaria https://www.technologyreview.com/vie...-way-to-spot-malaria-using-light-and-magnets/ my question is.... why india which is reeling under these problems find solutions?? we have huge problems right from malaria,...
So Apple launched the iPhone 5 with much fanfare and stupid Maps application that won't work in India. Despite its shortcomings, there are several Indians who've been saving their hard...
Think this has already gone cold but how about giving a new life to it The odd semester exams are around the corner and I know for sure that we...
I am an undergraduate student studying towards an MEng degree in Civil Engineering at the University of Glasgow. As part of my 4th year dissertation I am looking into roof...