View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12920 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
gokuldas10
gokuldas10 • Mar 30, 2017

DC MOTOR CONTROLLED DOOR

Hi
its urgent
we are working on a project which needs to open a door model controlled by a dc motor.its a small project which is havin a 45rpm 9V dc motor.

IF U PREFER ANY IDEAS PLEASE HELP WITH UR REPLIES

No need of larger constructions. a simple one is appreciated.

we r also thinking on it
hoping for a good reply

thank you...
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Mar 30, 2017
@gokuldas10 - It'd be better if you could explain your problem a bit in more detail. What exact help do you want? What does your existing construction look like? What is the problem you are facing?
gokuldas10
gokuldas10 • Mar 30, 2017
@Kaustubh Katdare
actually it is an automated door which uses a proximity sensor.The problem is that i have only one motor and i need to control the door with it
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Mar 30, 2017
gokuldas10
actually it is an automated door which uses a proximity sensor.The problem is that i have only one motor and i need to control the door with it
What what is the problem with operating a door with just one motor?

Hint: You'll receive help quicker and better if you take out the time to describe your problem in depth. It helps us understand your situation so that we can offer help.
You need a torque to open a door. At 45 RPM the torque developed is decided by the wattage of the motor, which is not given. If no other mechanism can be added, you may or may not be able to open the door, especially if any friction or wind loads have to be taken into account.
lal
lal • Apr 1, 2017
What kind of door are you trying to use the motor with; sliding, conventional or what?

Share this content on your social channels -