DBMS Joins: Inner Join & Outer Join

I learnt equi join & natural join. but what is inner join & outer join? Is equi join is also known as outer join & natural join as inner join??

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Lovesharma
    Is equi join is also known as outer join & natural join as inner join??
    Natural join is a subset of equi join which in turn is classified under inner join.

Lovesharma
    but what is inner join & outer join?
    Inner Join: Inner Join returns the set of only those records which matches in one table with another.
    Outer Join: Outer Join return you the set of all matching records from both table. The Outer Join does not requires each records to be matched in both the tables.

Read Join (Sql) to understand with examples.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If you are matching two table usnig a column or just added two tables in from clause(but no column compare) then automatically inner join will be applied.
    Ex: select * from table Ta,Tb;
    then inner join will be applied on Ta,Tb.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    ianoop
    If you are matching two table usnig a column or just added two tables in from clause(but no column compare) then automatically inner join will be applied.
    Ex: select * from table Ta,Tb;
    then inner join will be applied on Ta,Tb.
    Yes, Inner join is a default join.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I guess this can explain you better... 😀
    [​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am beginner in this field. I want to learn programming. So suggest me where i can start? Java or C++ Which is easier to understand or they relate each...
Hello I am new in this community. I want to learn web designing. How can i learn Adobe photo shop, Dream weaver, html/php, and flash by video tutorials for free....
I was on a very short, unplanned trip to Gurgaon & Delhi. It was my first trip to the Capital of India and I had a chance to visit the...
hi guys.am final year student of telecomm engineering.doing project on voice reocoginition.guys i have been stucked in a problem 😔..i want to turn on the led using easy vr module...
I had written this essay on Life in my 8th grade. So read this from the eyes of a teenager. Excuse the punctuation and the English here and there. 😛...