DataEx-Data Extraction tool using web scrapper and crawaler.

Project Abstract / Summary : For facilitating the process of data acquisition I have developed a web application- DataEx. DataEx facilitates data extraction from web with help of web scrapper and web crawler. All the information which is needed for the use will become an ease to extract. This application helps in eliminating the barriers which hinders data extraction process.

Internet has achieved an apex in providing information to people. As this source of information has maintained its place, there are barriers which hinders data extraction. So, lots of data remains uncollected. It is not every time correct that the links provided collects each and every information on a web page and for those who are not involved into the usage of internet in consecutive manner, either finds it very hard or doesn’t gets access to aggregate and sufficient data. Even programmers keeps on writing scripts for getting the data extracted. So, in order to minimize the efforts DataEx has been developed. DataEx is a web application that will be the first not constraints only to theoretical web content has various applications such as web data integration, contact scrapping, weather data monitoring, online price comparison, entertainment, research web mash, address collection and telephone number collection.

My web application can be accessed through this url: #-Link-Snipped-#
I am still developing this website hence it will not open but on the completion of project ,everyone can access it.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Websites are developing day by day and each website has a database associated with it. Hence extracting the data from existing website and show that data in the form of relevant information. For example: I have created music search engine by extract the .mp3 extension file from several websites. My application is a single page and light application and can be used for retrieval of any results.

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: IMS Engineering College
City: Ghaziabad
State: Uttar Pradesh
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Round II Project Entry:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wish you many many happy returns of the day @Rajni Jain (CG) 😀 Have a rocking year ahead 🎉
Renault India is going to make the year 2015 an important one for itself. Putting an end to the rumours about the company discontinuing some of its vehicles, Renault has...
CrowdStudio is a graphic design company founded in the year 2014 by Jaseem Thayal Shareef, Vivek Raghavan and Nithin Bekal. The trio has developed a curated graphic design platform especially...
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT Lifestyle in the modern society along with human behavior and thinking is changing dramatically with the advancement of technology, and the concept of a...
Project Abstract / Summary : With the recent adoption and diffusion of the data sharing paradigm in distributed systems , there have been increasing demands and concerns for distributed data...