Damages to fluorescent lamps (because of voltages)

we come across many problems with starter in fluorescent lamp and as we know that we apply the voltage to the fluorescent tube through starter...... why some times the starter will damage because of applying high voltage or any other causes.............? and what are other damages we come across in fluorescent lamp and why?

Replies

• arunchary
    arunchary
    hi lavanya garu,
    fluorescent circuit is as follows amtac1
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    according to the circuit we need to maintain the constant voltage,so we need to use the transformer to stepdown the (regulator)voltages to operate the circuit.coming to damages first may get the transformer fault and the conversion circuitary and then passive components life may get decay for varying voltages, because of varying voltages life span of tube light ....
  • satty lavanya
    satty lavanya
    arunchary
    according to the circuit we need to maintain the constant voltage,so we need to use the transformer to stepdown the (regulator)voltages to operate the circuit.coming to damages first may get the transformer fault and the conversion circuitary and then passive components life may get decay for varying voltages, because of varying voltages life span of tube light ....
    i didnt got your point so give me the information from the basic level of fluorescent lamp.so that i can understand clearly
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    Please do follow this link................
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    damage to the lamp occurs due to failure of CHOKE here this causes higher voltages to flow and this increases the heat generated thus ruining the filament

in general faulty Power supply unit in the lamp cause most of the problems in it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

/**/ import java.applet.Applet; import java.awt.*; import java.awt.image.*; public class ImageTest extends Applet { private Image img; public void init() { img = null; } public void loadImage()...
The canteen food can't be forgotten ever, right? Here's a comic dedicated to everyone who's had canteen food.
What is the difference between Analog signal and Digital signal.? And How to identify them.?
How does data is transferred by Bluetooth between devices ?
hi CE can anyone tell me how to block adult site