Cyanogen Hugs Truecaller and OnePlus

The Cyanogen team has hugged two important players in the mobile domain: TrueCaller and OnePlus. The first hug allows the next update of Cyanogen mobile operating system to feature a dialer with Truecaller facility included. The 'advance dialer' that will be default in the upcoming versions of Cyanogenmod will show you all the caller information even when it's from a number not in your contact list. Truecaller has been a global leader in this technology that Is Facebook Developing TrueCaller Killer App? and others have tried to copy. [Read: How does true caller work?]

As of now, no information is available on which of the upcoming upgrade will bring this facility to the users. According to PCMag, if you do not want to have this feature activated, you can always go back to the regular dialer by uninstalling Truecaller application. Truecaller has also shook hands with Microsoft to preinstall apps like Bing, Skype, OneDrive, MS Outlook and MS Office on Cyanogen OS.

Cyanogen-TrueCaller-OnePlus

The second and very important update is for the OnePlus One phone users in India. OnePlus and Cyanogen have resolved all the disputes; especially the 'exclusivity clause' that Micromax & Cyanogen Deal In India Proves To Be A Bitter Pill For OnePlus Customers. The clause prevented OnePlus One from rolling out firmware CyanogenMod firmware upgrade to OPO users. Vikas Agarwal, GM at OnePlus India informed that all the OnePlus One users in India will now be able to receive OTA (Over The Air) updates from Cyanogen just like any other OPO users worldwide.

OnePlusOne-Micromax

Let's hope these two hugs will push Cyanogen to a better adoption. What's your say?

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have passed BTECH in 2013 in electrical and electronics engineering. i was having interest on c & c++ programming during college life. now i wanna join class either for...
It looks like many contest participants have started receiving certificates. We would love to see your photos with certificates. Spread the love. Upload your photos in replies below.
Huawei has managed to attract lots of attention for its two new mid-budget smartphones called Honor 4C and Honor Bee priced at Rs. 8999 and Rs. 4999 respectively. These Android...
I've been thinking about this for a while now, with so much content and discussions brewing around gender inequality. Man and woman came to Earth together as equals, and they...
Of all the mundane tasks that us humans have had to do on a daily basis, the boring-most is the process of sorting and folding clothes. Putting an end to...