Customize Home Screen : Samsung Galaxy

Hello fellow CEans

If you own an android device and want to customize its theme to something interesting and different than what you have always been seeing,then here is a good theme to start up with. It has got a techie kind of look and I am sure we, engineers will like it. I have found this technique somewhere on internet and I thought of sharing a detailed write up of the tutorial here.

It is going to be a long tutorial so I will make sure I partition the tutorial properly so that it is easy to follow and understand.

Note: We are not going to flash the device or install customer ROMs so there is absolutely no danger of bricking your device 😀

First things first, here is the screenshot of what I am going to present.

Samsung galaxy's UI now a days is mostly of this kind

[​IMG]

After we customize, this is what we are going to get

[​IMG]

Cool right? It is. Let's get started.I am going to divide this tutorial into many parts as follows

-> Resources
-> Preliminary steps
-> Secondary steps
-> Testing

Resources

We are going to use the following resources for this customization:
Nova Launcher
UCCW
minimalistic text
Widget Locker (2.99)
MetroStation Icon Pack
AIX Weather Widget
Simple Calendar Widget
Google Drive

You can download all of them from Google Play Store.

Also, once you are done with downloading the widgets download this package :Theme

I have provided the setup files. In case you need the source files for this, drop me a PM.

So this makes up for the Resources. Preliminary steps to follow in the next post..

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sharing amazing ideas with engineers, who are unbeatable and unbreakable with respect to crazy mind techniques
Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo Inc continues its acquisition run and is set to acquire a software firm Xobni Corp for about $70 Million. Yahoo is also planning to utilize...
A declarative programming language for GPU Programming,Harlan has been released by the Indiana's University researcher. Eric Holk worked on this project for two long years & finally released the work...
Karbonn Titanium S9 has been launched in India with a price tag of Rs. 19,990. The Titanium S9 makes an interesting launch from Karbonn mobiles and the timing of the...
Stella, which is Latin for 'Star' is the product of The Solar Team Eindhoven (STE) of TU/e in the Netherlands. Glorified as the world's first solar-powered family car, Stella is...