Custom Internet & Data Dongle - For educational solution distribution

I was wondering if anyone has a solution or may be direct me to right person(s) who can help me solve the problem statement that I am currently dealing with.

I want to distribute educational software to schools in a data protected dongle inclusive of internet connection. The broad use case/requirements are listed below:
  • The software will be installed with in the dongle which will be protected to avoid piracy and data copy.
  • The software will run off the dongle directly thus avoiding the complicated installation process.
  • The software within will be valid for only a certain period based on license purchases. The license validation/authentication will be via the internet connection available within the dongle.
  • The internet connection is only dedicated for the software with in the dongle. This will avoid other generic browsing/surfing.
  • Even though the dongle is data protected, the software within should be able to write data back to dongle.
  • Internet connection can be made available through 3/4G Sim cards that can be bought on bulk by the service providers.
The terminal objective that I am trying to overcome is how to distribute educational software's to schools where internet connection is non-existent, overcome the issue of piracy, proper license management and overall lightweight and ease of use.

This is a problem that has to be tackled at both hardware and software level, and I am looking at how to overcome the hardware bit.

I am available for more discussion on the same.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LINE Corporation has unveiled the lightweight variant to its popular messenger app in 11 countries including India, Pakistan, Vietnam and Saudi Arabia. Called 'LINE Lite', the new version is said...
How do you like the idea of controlling the amount of heat and light passing through the window? Interesting, isn't it? Well, that's exactly what the researchers at the Cockrell...
Hi, I am a third-year CS student. My final year project's field is Artificial Intelligence and all i do is JAVA(Android etc..). Now i have to choose a topic fast...
Everyone wishes there was a way to do that. Even though Android phones these days are available at incredibly cheap prices, there's always some defaulter you know who just won't...
It was days of April-2015,We were having semester examinations and also we were looking for an last vacation of our college life.Some of my friend had decided to go for...