Current model cars can be hacked!

Who would think that the family car will be the target for hackers? That, however, seems quite possible as this Business Week report indicates.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Is this applicable to the cars in India?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Long time ago, I heard that the electronically locked cars can be unlocked by sending a message to a mobile in near vicinity.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Long time ago, I heard that the electronically locked cars can be unlocked by sending a message to a mobile in near vicinity.
    Not exactly a message, but keeping a mobile near the car and having the key been operated near the caller's mobile makes the trick! But haven't experimented it so far... 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google+ has just announced that the Google search engine will display people's Google+ profiles in the suggested results dropdown. Twitter is obviously frustrated because earlier twitter profiles would show up...
I stumbled upon this amazing video on labnol.org that gives step by step instructions to auto-forward all the emails in your gmail account to specific email addresses. I think it's...
Check out this link: https://www.iimk.ac.in/admissionpackage2012/PDFstage1/ All the best! 👍
hey guys, i am in my 4th year (ECE) and have my main project selection now so i am planning to go with the project "Wireless Industrial Security Robot with...
Google has introduced a finalised deal to help increase usage of its Google+ in India. Users of the social network will now be able to log into the service for...