Cuil - The World's Biggest Search Engine?

CEans,

Check out #-Link-Snipped-# , which, they claim, is the world's biggest search engine with over 120 billion web pages in their index. 😲 !

Now, I'm not very sure if they are the best, but they do have a nice way of presenting the search results.

So go and check out. Tell everyone what you think !

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    Nice interface, but not so good results
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, indeed. But I hope they'll improve. I searched for the term "Crazy Engineers" and guess what?

They said no results found! πŸ˜”
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Yes, I searched for Crazy Engineers too πŸ˜€

The 120 Billion pages may be tricky, doesn't mean that they're covering everything πŸ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Right said MaRo. I heard google has about 1 trillion web pages. But they never disclose the actual size of their index.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    hey in wat terms they r huge,if they dont find "crazy engineers"
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sauravgoswami
    hey in wat terms they r huge,if they dont find "crazy engineers"
    They claim to be 'that' big. Actually, I searched again and they do have us in their index.

But I'm surprized, I never saw their spider crawling our site. :sshhh:
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    ha ha ha,watever dude,replacing google aint easy, they have monopolised themselves
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Saw cuil just this morning. I like google better. More relevant results anyways, and the indexing is way off!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah 😁 they went down 1 hour after their launch 😁 . πŸ˜‰

So, looks like no one is going to stop Google.

Or, maybe one day our CEans will develop next kick a$$ search engine?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Looks like twitter is not the only one who underestimated their load πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Have you guys heard of Yandex? Its a russian search service.. I came across this Neowin article last month:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Check out ЯндСкс for a super minimalist search interface πŸ˜‰ Of course, its not as vast as Google (no references to CE, lol.. except on Biggie's post on cookingforengineers forum), since its serving the Russian market more.. but with their IPO, who knows what can happen?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Yeah 😁 they went down 1 hour after their launch 😁 . πŸ˜‰

So, looks like no one is going to stop Google.

Or, maybe one day our CEans will develop next kick a$$ search engine?
    There is some problem with the Cuil.. It is showing me the CRazyENgineers with Philadelphia Parking way picture 😁

Although UI is good but content is not as great as Google.

-Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazyboy
    There is some problem with the Cuil.. It is showing me the CRazyENgineers with Philadelphia Parking way picture 😁

Although UI is good but content is not as great as Google.

-Crazy
    Well, yeah. I think we should give them some time. They're just couple of days old (young) and Google has been crawling the Internet for last decade.

Things will improve.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Well, yeah. I think we should give them some time. They're just couple of days old (young) and Google has been crawling the Internet for last decade.

Things will improve.
    Biggi: I know Culi has improved so far that in a day time... CE is appearing as the first link for the string search "Crazy Engineers"

😁
    😁
    😁
    😁
    I am just kidding... I am agree with you... Cuil looks impressive.

-Big hopes... Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeps!

We're very well indexed in search engines. Credit goes to all CEans who started all unique discussions here. Let's hope that we become #1 destination for the creators of the world πŸ˜‰
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Well nice interface, but the indexing indeed needs some improvements.

By the way, we do have search engines suited for different needs, for ex. Knuru Home Page is an engine when you want to find vital business papers and information. We have #-Link-Snipped-# too, where you can actually ask questions. I like their operational model. :smile: Cool guys and cool interface
  • Itanium
    Itanium
    Nice interface and going good with indexing ;-)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mayur - I had tried ChaCha long back - but you know what? Those guys don't understand simple stuff! I asked their members to help me find an engineers forum - and they pointed me to some vague site. πŸ˜›
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    Mayur - I had tried ChaCha long back - but you know what? Those guys don't understand simple stuff! I asked their members to help me find an engineers forum - and they pointed me to some vague site. πŸ˜›
    Oh ok. I didn't try it really. But I liked the idea.
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    hmm...I also just tried cuil.
    They are no way closer to Google😑.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Okay, Since time machine is probably every engineers' dream machine, I'm asking you - What would you like to carry with yourself if you were to travel back in time?...
Hiii all. Why do we need a summer in between encoder and interleaver in an anti jam communication system?....Thank you.
HI CEans Suggest me some really cool romantic movies of all time..........
Hey People, M Manish, a student of 3rd engg. in the stream of IT. currently putting up in Gurgaon, the millenium city, in Haryana, India. M Ryt now Persuin my...
yeah dude i dont think money is everything