CS knowledge during interview

What do you think about purely CS knowledge questions during the interview? What I mean is:

• Data structures (stacks, queues, lists, trees)
  • Algorithms (sorting, search, shortest path, data compression)
  • Recursion, etc. #-Link-Snipped-#
Unless you have some specific need (search engine implementation, low level no-framework programming), I am struggling to see the value of questions like that. I feel like "fresh" college grads would answer questions like that easier than some experienced software engineer, who's last time implementing any type of array sort was 10 years ago in college.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @sara: Question moved to Engineering Jobs Section.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Enhanced Date Rates4GSM Evolution ->It is a technology which enhance the capabilities of GSM ->It is faster than GPRS.
I will be sharing different questions in this thread. Its open for Engineers for all Branches. TRY TO ANSWER THESE HERE: What is the difference between JDK and JVM? What...
Amazing Concept iPhone 5. This CG iPhone 5 has advanced iPhone features such as a sleeker iPhone design, a laser keyboard & holographic display all rolled into this iPhone 5...
What is the placement process for Tata Motors in campus recruitment? Can someone share the questions from the papers of latest recruitment drives? It would be great if someone shares...
Ths link has been shared by my friend and aptly he said : if you can't beat them, hire them " ๐Ÿ˜ iPhone hacker golden boy hired by Apple