Crystal vibration under thermal excitation

Hello Sirs

Nice to post a new thread here Guys I find this confusing me a lot When a Crystal is excited by means of increasing temperature What sort of vibration motion is exhibited by every atom in the crystal

• nTh order Simple Harmonic oscillations
  • Stretching vibration(lateral vibration)
Or any thing else do clarify with links to educate me

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sir I think you can help me in this mess

But I am confusing myself with the bending of Bonds under excitation and displacement of an atom about it's mean position alone

What are the similarities between the two are they the same
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#, interesting. Shall get back in detail later. For now, have a look here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As am doing one real time project on automation using RF Transreciver nrf24l01, as coming to the module, company provided the sample code to test the module in SPI protocol,where...
Aakash 4 specifications are finally out and the Government of India has made an official statement about how they propose the next instalment in the Aakash tablet series should be...
Folks at Mozilla certainly don't want phones to break your bank. The company had said that the Firefox OS powered phones would be very cheap - and to everyone's surprise,...
Well CEOM is out and we can see a new wave of competitveness showering in from many CEans What is your take on this I personally feel that the posting...
Next KYCEan in the KYCEan - II series is in making. Can you make any guess who is that CEan? There are two purpose of asking this, one is we...