Cruciform Skyscraper | Liverpool, UK

Maurice Shapero has proposed a cruciform skyscraper in Liverpool, UK. While the details aren't available yet, Shapero says that the shape is his favourite geometrical shape and should not be associated with any religious beliefs. The Skyscraper will have a hotel cutting through the vertical tower.

The shape of the cruciform skyscraper isn't the strangest ever built or proposed, but it surely will be an interesting civil engineering project to follow. I'm wondering if there are going to be any technical challenges in constructions. Would love to hear Civil & Structural engineers express their opinions.

crosstower

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I see one challenge here the projections in the side will cause more load to the floor which are directly below it this mean more reinforcement is a must

Local weather will also be a challenge to much of wind is a bit of concern so more stabler side ridge is needed
    Do clarify if I am wrong

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

dear friends, very soon zuari will be conducting pool campus placement at VIT vellore for chemical engineering students and i was hoping if you have any of the previous year...
hi !! m ankit ,cse 2nd year student..starting my gate 2015 preperation frm nw onwards. aiming fo rank in top 10. need support of few hard wrking guyz..to strt group...
How can we diff four wheeler's petrol & diesel engine by visually....
hello guys, please suggest me some very good n innovative project idea for BTech level , which includes bluetooth module interfacing with lpc 2148 i.e. ARM7.
Cryptext is the next online event of Technovanza 2013 after myst. In this game,each round will have a number of encoded texts and you will have to decode it to...