Creator of Yahoo Messenger leaves Yahoo!

Source: Yahoo EVP Ash Patel, One Of the First Yahoos, Announces His Departure โ€ข TechCrunch

Ash Patel, the creator of Yahoo Messenger is leaving Yahoo! Ash is taking a break to spend time with family & friends and will think of his next step after couple of months.

Its interesting to note that you can add yourself as a friend in Yahoo Messenger. That feature exists because in the initial days, when YM was under development, Ash could not find any of his friends online to test the new features. So he added a functionality which allowed users to add themselves as friends ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    The_Big_K
    Its interesting to note that you can add yourself as a friend in Yahoo Messenger. That feature exists because in the initial days, when YM was under development, Ash could not find any of his friends online to test the new features. So he added a functionality which allowed users to add themselves as friends ๐Ÿ˜€
    that's interesting!! A couple of years back I too was doing some sort of testing on Y messenger and had to create a new id to work it out๐Ÿ˜›
    Had I known adding ourselves if possible.....๐Ÿ˜’
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    So, Ash is going to take rest for some time. ๐Ÿ˜€

Its interesting to note that you can add yourself as a friend in Yahoo Messenger. That feature exists because in the initial days, when YM was under development, Ash could not find any of his friends online to test the new features. So he added a functionality which allowed users to add themselves as friends
    Oh! Good one.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    DO you know full form of yahoo!!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I think "Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle" is the full form of YAHOO.

P.S : See this, #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    yes you are right ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We are delighted to invite you to an interactive Webinar called "The Architecture You Have Always Dreamt Of". Over the years we have seen many systems architecture approaches come and...
Microsoft today launched the Platform preview of their latest browser Internet Explorer 9. Platform preview basically means that it is a browser without the user interface which you would normally...
Rama, the ancient idol of the heroic ages, the embodiment of truth, of morality, the ideal son, the ideal husband, and above all, the ideal king, this Rama has been...
Hi I am planning to prepare a costume that makes a person invisible. I got some ideas. but when i searched for it in internet, i found a different methodology....
Due to advancements in technology there are lot of key loggers available in internet where even osk is also not quite helpful So here is another tip Type password in...