Creating website using Visual Studio 2008- help

Can anyone help me in using the standard toolbox..
-panel (how is this used?.. for what purpose?)

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Why are you trying to complicate your life and use VS 2008 for building a website? Unless if its a complex and dynamic site, I would suggest you give Notepad++ a try ๐Ÿ˜€
  • jprblue
    jprblue
    It is a project..
    and i have to use VS 2008.
    so, i want to know what is the purpose of a panel...
    and also the multiview, localize and many others..
  • vinci
    vinci
    if you are talking about toolbar in the left ,its easy .just drag-n - drop in to the web pages define their properties and its completed easily
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure why you're forced to use Visual Studio. Can you tell us a bit more about the project you're working on and why are you using Visual Studio?
  • jprblue
    jprblue
    yes.. this i know..๐Ÿ˜€
    but.. i would like to understand the purpose of the different tools in the toolbox..
    does anyone know a website having all these details/precision?
    well, my lecturer asked us to use VS 2008 to create a web based application and also its window based..
    and the title is "Bookstore"..(buying online.. all that)
    And it should be innovative.. well i have uploaded the assignment so that you guys better understand me..
  • jprblue
    jprblue
    well i am not asking to do my assignment...๐Ÿ˜‰
    all i want ti know is that where and how do we use the followings:
    -literal
    -localize
    -Markup Fragment
    -PlaceHolder
    -Substituion
    - View
    -Wizard
    -Xml
    -HiddenField
    - ImageMap
    - AdRotator..
    The rest i can manage..
    ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm amused! Why are they advising you to use Visual Studio in first place? Just get your hands dirty on PHP and build a book store! By the way, does your lecturer know that Visual Studio is a costly software and it's college's duty to provide it?

PS: Ask your professor to check this discussion. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • jprblue
    jprblue
    well, i do have the full version of visual studio..๐Ÿ˜€
    I am still first year and i do not know much about PHP.. and i'll lose marks if i do not go according to the lecturer's criteria dude..
    i know HTML (did a foundation course in Dec. in the university itself), in a few places i did put some HTML codes..๐Ÿ˜€) and ya this is allowed..)

plzz anyone do reply to my thread #7....
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    jprblue
    well, i do have the full version of visual studio..๐Ÿ˜€
    I am still first year and i do not know much about PHP.. and i'll lose marks if i do not go according to the lecturer's criteria dude..
    i know HTML (did a foundation course in Dec. in the university itself), in a few places i did put some HTML codes..๐Ÿ˜€) and ya this is allowed..)

plzz anyone do reply to my thread #7....
    First thing, do what you like, and don't do in the fear that they might not accept your stuff and reject if you are not going according to their wish! ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir i am a b tech 3rd year student. I want to do my mini project.Could you please give me ideas for my project using electronics circuits,ICs 555,741 etc
Lodha Builders are building what's soon going to be the world's second tallest residential tower in the world. The project is called "World One Tower" and is being constructed at...
BBG Combo ULD 1350 - the unlimited, the BSNL plan for unlimited Internet download plan without the 'fair usage policy' has just got better. According to the revised plan that...
Just stumbled upon this picture of the upcoming London Olympic stadium on Wikipedia. I'm wondering whether all the stadiums are constructed that way or there's something special about this construction?...