Creating Service Accounts for running SQL Server 2008 services

Hi CEans,

I am a beginner to SQL Server 2008 Administration part. I was going through a video tutorial, in which it was told that for running each service of SQL Server, we need to create a new Service account.

Now for creating a Service account in a domain, they used "Active Directory Computers and Users", and provided a slight hint that for creating Service accounts on a stand-alone system, you need to right click on My Computer -> Manage, etc.

Now can anyone please enlighten me upon both the concepts., i.e., is "Active Directory Computers and Users" part of the server version of operating system or is it a third party software dedicated for this purpose.
Also do tell me how to create Service Accounts on a stand-alone system, with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit installed on it.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear Engineers: I have a kvar meter...an analogue one...which is counting i beleive more Kvar than the real consumed one. It is counting about 8400 Kvar A DAY!!!although a power...
Lot of people love to flaunt the number of friends they have on Facebook. The following dilbert strip is dedicated to all of them -
I m from IPU doin b.tech in electrical &electronics engg., n wanna join institute 'MadeEasy' for preparation with weekend course.I asked many seniors if I should join this at end...
Hello Guys, For serious engineering studies fun is required, as we are in DBIT enjoyed rocking performance of Raghu Dixit during our annual fest watch out our college fest photos...
Lecture by Prof. S.K.Maiti Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Bombay. Discuss this topic with fellow mechanical & Automobile engineers, share your ideas, ask questions and doubts in this discussion.