CrazyGirl's Vocab section: 5 words a day !!!

This is the vocablary section for the english exam takers. I would be posting 10 words a day (oviously :mrgree: i will need help).

Note:
1. No appreciations in this thread
2. No post other then vocabs, PLEASE.
3. If you are helping me please maintain count and also post example with word.

VOCABS:

1. fledge: To grow the plumage necessary for flight.
Synonyms: feather
Usage: Then there was a little greenfinch, just fledged, fluttering along the ground, and it seemed quite possible to catch it, till it managed to flutter under the blackberry bush.

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    2. froth: Become bubbly or frothy or foaming.
    Synonyms: effervesce, fizz, foam, form bubbles, sparkle
    Usage: The chicken soup was frothing on the fire and made a mess of my stove when it boiled over.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    3. Reticent - habitually silent or uncommunicative; disinclined to speak readily; reserved; taciturn having a restrained, quiet, or understated quality
    Synonym - reserved, quiet
    Usage - Too many higher up the food chain of People Power seem reticent about making full disclosure.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    4. gush: Praise enthusiastically.
    Synonyms: rave
    Usage: It is not criticism, but flattery that she wants; and I gush over them with what I feel to myself to be degrading effusiveness.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A web hosting service is responsible for designating space for your site and making sure that it is accessible on the Internet.
Hii......... Today I think total INDIA is rooted up with the caste feeling...Colleges too have it....My college is one of them..we are suffering from it.... I need answers for some...
Please help me by giving some useful information on kill switches used in ignition system
Dears, How are you doing? I hope you are doing well. Actually, I am a new memeber in this website and I hope we will get a benift from us...
Can we determine the # of poles and zeros from an ARMA(p,q) process?