CrazyEngineers Undergoes Cosmetic Changes

CEans,

Keen observers must have noticed couple of changes we've introduced on CrazyEngineers. Here's an overview -

1. Likes Tree:

The likes tree is a very useful feature that lets you quickly discover the most useful post (or most liked post) in any long discussion. Simply click on the likes tree in the top - right corner to find out the status of liked posts in any thread. The likes tree requires at least 1 like on any post in the thread.

2. Likes Received In Mini-Profile & Profile Page:

Every member mini-profile in the post now shows how many likes each user has received.
Likes-Received-Profile
If you visit the member profile page, you'll also see a count of likes given and likes received count with links to the 'liked' posts.
Likes-Detailed-Profile

3. Profile Page Cosmetic Changes

The member profile page has been updated to suite the latest upgraded software. I'm aware that it dose not look very good and the dark shades should go. It's under progress and you'll see updated profile soon.

We may also introduce the ability for members to design their own profile to suit their style. Updates will be announced on the forum.

4. Cleaner Post Area:

We had an image gradient in the post area earlier, that wasn't really pleasing to eyes. We've opted to industry standard ๐Ÿ˜‰ 'Pure White' aka #FFFFFF for the post background. The posts should be more readable now.

Your feedback will lead to more customizations on the style, wherever possible.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Can someone test whether the new style works well in IE6?
  • harshajd
    harshajd
    IE6 ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm sure there are plenty of IE6 (Internet Explorer 6) users. I've tested this in IE9 and it works well.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i had no problem in chrome
    working pretty well
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Great customizations Biggie.. This makes CE more user friendly and lively.
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Hehe! I liked the word 'Cosmetic' changes! I could have hit the like button of course, but needed to emphasize on the word 'cosmetic'! ๐Ÿ˜›

Other than that the 'Like' button should take care of many unwanted posts. It is good to have that feature. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Someone please let me know the site's appearance in Internet Explorer 6 ๐Ÿ˜

@Nion: Unwanted posts can't be avoided on forums. But the likes tree on the top will make it super-easy to discover most liked (and most useful) posts in any thread.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Idea Cellular is sending out SMS notifications for their 3G launch and inviting old subscribers (like yours truly) to test out their 3G plans at 2G rates. I received following...
i am in final year of my btech graduation and want to go for GRE. please help me 1) If i take the exam in august then when i will...
Discover the beautful place in the philippines and the paradise distination of the tropical island.
I friends I found these notes when I was studying Normalization.I hope you find them useful. ๐Ÿ˜€
These are the lecture notes of Normalization form.