CrazyEngineers Is On CDN Now

CrazyEngineers Forum is now on CDN - aka Content Distribution Network. Specifically our static files (images, avatars, scripts) will be loaded from the server nearest to you ๐Ÿ˜€

Result: You should see faster loading pages and improved browsing experience.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I noticed faster load page time. ๐Ÿ‘
    For those who don't know about CDNs: CDN is a system that contains data copied at various locations across the network instead of keeping it at one centralized location. An end user accesses the copy of the data that is nearest to his machine. Thus we can experience increased bandwidth for data access. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    but does not it lead to redundancy?? oh yes, if one server fails will the user be directed to next nearest server for accecss?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    but does not it lead to redundancy?? oh yes, if one server fails will the user be directed to next nearest server for accecss?
    Nope. CDN is designed in such a way that if the server is not available, it will either pull content to nearest available server or from the original server.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Great.
    But what about the redundancy Admin.? Is a separate copy is stored at the individual server.?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Deepika Bansal
    Great.
    But what about the redundancy Admin.? Is a separate copy is stored at the individual server.?
    The static files are duplicated on all the servers. The PHP is still served from the original server. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In U.S. News 2012 rankings of the best engineering schools, the popular Massachusetts Institute of Technology or better known as MIT has been nominated as the top engineering Ph.D program....
Hi dudes, I was asked by a friend to prepare a Lab Manual for Analog Communications Lab. Here I hope I can complete this task in a week or so...
Just want to share this file. It was send to me by a site and for free. This file will not only help civil engineering students but also professionals. 200_questions_answers1
Japan is a country where there is always an earthquake, am I right? Even though there's always an earthquake in this country they manage to build high rise buildings and...
What if I want to build a house near a river??? What things I must consider about the foundation, the design,materials and others ???