Crazy Quizzers

For all those who enjoy quizzing and the likes of making intelligent guesses,I am starting this thread hoping we can carry this forward to learn more interesting things

RULES:
1.Please give your answers before wiki ing or googling(that is the whole fun of it)
2.Make sure your question is not a copy from other sites
3.Questions which are workable are encouraged rather than just knowledge-based questions.the same fact can be made into a workable question.(like instead of who was miss barbie it can be made like this.:X was born in hong kong to a kashmiri father and hadseven siblings.X also was recently on tv for winning missY.Identify X and Y)

Replies

• RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    1--> No fish can swim as fast as me, who am I ?
  • cranky
    cranky
    michael phelps or finding nemo??
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Cranky, it isnt the right answer. I asked the name of the fish, not the fastest swimmer in the world. Anyway for your information, many fishes can beat Michael Phelps in swimming.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I was also confused after Cranky's answer now its clear that you are asking for fish then its Sailfish its speed is nearly 75mph not sure about its speed. 😐
  • cranky
    cranky
    i told you..i am a poor at knowledge-based questions😒
  • gohm
    gohm
    Sailfish isn't correct as it is still a fish, plus 75 mph is a bit higher than the actual speed. The correct answer is going to be a non-fish, might be a trick answer as dolphins, whales, etc are all much slower...
  • cranky
    cranky
    SITTER:
    2)By 1948, Irvine started with a single ice-cream parlour in Glendale, Calfornia, and with his brother-in-law, Burton turned it into .X was also the first to introduce ice cream cakes to the public.X also allows its employees to eat as much as they like for free.Identify X
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    The answer of godfather is right, but the speed he specified is wrong. The sailfish can swim at the speed of 70 mph ot 110 kmh.
  • gohm
    gohm
    lol, if that answer is right, then the grammar of the question is wrong as the question how worded states the answer is not a fish. Sailfish is of course a fish. =)

Baskin & Robbins I believe is the ice cream answer
  • cranky
    cranky
    yeah it is baskin robbins😁
  • EDDY
    EDDY
    SElfish person.........thats first thought of ma mind......
  • cranky
    cranky
    EDDY
    SElfish person.........thats first thought of ma mind......
    1)couldn't get what you are trying to convey.Are you giving an answer😕
    2)The CEans will appreciate if you avoid using to many "."in between words/sentences
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    3# Which is the tallest mountain in our solar system? Where is it?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Is it Europa?
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    gohm
    Is it Europa?
    Europa is the moon of Jupiter, its not a name of the tallest mountain..
  • EDDY
    EDDY
    Sorry for using so many''.'' frm nw it wud nt happen
  • EDDY
    EDDY
    Mount olympus in greece in my opinion
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    EDDY
    Mount olympus in greece in my opinion[color=\"red\"]
    [/color]
    well buddy, though your answer is half right, I am disappointed with your general knowledge😔. The Mt. Everest is the tallest mountain on earth, so there is a no chance that any other mouotain is taller than it on the Earth. And talking about Greece, I dont know that it has any mountain which comes in top 10.
    Anyway the mount Olympus is tallest mountain in the Solar System & is at planet Mars. I dont know its exact height but it is 2-3 times taller than Mt. Everest.
  • gohm
    gohm
    You are right. I was guessing that as the location but have no idea on the mountain name.
    RajdeepCE
    Europa is the moon of Jupiter, its not a name of the tallest mountain..
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    #-> Answer this,
    1Kbps = ? bits per second
    1 KB = ? bits
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, my guess would be

1 Kbps is 1000 bits per second and

1 KB would be 1024 bits.

Am I correct??
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Yes, SS. You are correct.
  • cranky
    cranky
    Here you go,the next question(partly derieved from another question)

crazy quizzers Q4 | crazy quizzers | ce.cranky | Flickr

X'name was derieved from the picture Y.X is a well known thing among children.Y is a name of an athelete/wrestler.Y signifies strength and power.The death of Y is known to have occured when Y tried to cut a tree and a pack of wolves gulped him.Identify X and Y
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    silverscorpion
    Well, my guess would be

1 Kbps is 1000 bits per second and

1 KB would be 1024 bits.

Am I correct??
    I have a doubt??

1KB = 1024 Bytes = 1024 * 8 bits i think :??
  • mech_guy
    mech_guy
    Hi ES,

Well you are right in posing your doubt there. But mind it, its not 1KBps it is 1Kbps. Generally it is used by Internet service providers to mention speed of connection they offer. So, seems like they try to fool a casual user by numbers as 256 Kbps, by actually offering just 256 K bits per second and we normally think it is 1000 bytes (1024 technically) per second. Just a thought, may be they have some other reason to specify it in bits rather than bytes.

Regards
  • cranky
    cranky
    any clues?will be "pm"ed to you on request
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thanks Mech 😀

Cranky really tried googling many things but no clue..

Clue please 😁
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    I think it is related to the Greek Mythology.
    Little clue will be helpful for me.
  • cranky
    cranky
    😁😁It was intended that googling won't help(mu ha ha mu ha ha😎)

Try guessing about X not Y.Only pic of Y is to connect.

More info on X: Packets of X are given to children to eat or drink by volunteers of an organisation called X cricket
    One of the taglines of X is "Go and go and go with X"

now,hope it is easier to derieve😁
    any more clues,please ask
  • cranky
    cranky
    Now should I give the answers then?
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Well cranky, I tried hard & I have not googled for it, but I didnt got this. I thinke of Atlas or Hercules earlier but after the clue, I confused more.
    Anyway, nice question though.
    Keep them coming!
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Ok, here is the next one,
    #>> What is the name of the first bicycle? What specialities it has?
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    RajdeepCE
    Ok, here is the next one,
    #>> What is the name of the first bicycle? What specialities it has?
    The celerifere was the earlliest bicycle precursor invented in 1790 by Frenchmen, Comte Mede de Sivrac, however, it had no steering.

The German Baron Karl Drais von Sauerbronn invented the "Laufmaschine" or "Running Machine", a type of pre-bicycle. The steerable Laufmaschine was made entirely of wood and had no pedals; a rider would push his/her feet against the ground to make the machine go forward. Sauerbronn's bicycle was first exhibited in Paris on April 6, 1818

Source: Googling
  • cranky
    cranky
    @rajdeep:thanks😁

The answer:X is milo(that chocolate drink) Y is milon of crotone
    Check Milo (Drink)
  • inform
    inform
    Bondinniel
  • cranky
    cranky
    inform
    Bondinniel
    😕??
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Take nine out of six , nine out of ten and fifty out of fourty. Six remained still.
    How??
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    No takers yet , try this is interesting 😀😀
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Now I will answer this.

IX -SIX = S
    X - IX = I
    L - XL = X

This is the answer , its quite illogical but a interesting question 😀

Hope you poeple liked this question 😀
  • cranky
    cranky
    😁nice one

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Guys.... I m commuanik17 and m new to this forum. I wish to regularly post threads and help out all our friends here with electronics and share mine as...
Hello Everybody, Rony Here.
. No free advertising on CE, Please 😀
how to write a program in c to find a substring???(without using library functions)😕
Hi am salman m new to this site i want to know about basic of aeronautical engg & about future .