Crazy paintball brainchild

Hello! I came upon your slice of the internet while looking for somewhere to get some help with a brainchild I've been entertaining in my head.

Basically, it's a paintball gun. But not any paintball gun, it's a paintballl gun I'm building because I'm tired of the standard spray and pray method of paintball. I want something more skillful. I want a shotgun! Specifically, a lever action, tube-fed one that I can load with custom types of shell-loads.

In theory, it can work. Combine the mechanics of a lever action with the pneumatics of a paintball gun. I've figured out a way to build the lever action, thats easy metal work. What I can't figure out is an effective way of making the air flow from the tank to the barrel, while keeping it in the spirit of a lever action.

The lever action part is easy. #-Link-Snipped-# has a great animation if you don't understand how they work. The pressure part is whats holding me up. It needs to operate in a way that keeps it sealed, but still functionally powerful enough to push out what is essentially a paintball buckshot, and be able to reload itself each time. The idea I'm running with at the moment is basically to put a valve in the way that locks in place when the bolt goes backwards from the lever being pushed forward, and releases when you pull the trigger. But I'm not sure if its possible, or how it would need to be designed for it to work.

So I've come here, hoping for someone to offer some words that will either be the solution, or inspire one in me! I'm sorry for the vague post, I'm not sure what else you might need, so I'll list some links to pictures that helped me get to where I am now.

Spyder paintball gun animation;
#-Link-Snipped-#

How a lever action works;
#-Link-Snipped-#

A pump action paintball gun animation;
#-Link-Snipped-#

Thanks 😁

Replies

• Bishop
    Bishop
    Lo

don't really see a problem with what your asking for. if your pressure chamber is in line with the barrel, the standard pump mechanism will work, just mill a groove instead of the standard hole so you can push the valve back and not pull it forward, and shift the sear backwards.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anybody suggest me a good hvac site wher frm i can get hvac software and study material in pdf format
I am making a project that is a website and if i have to add a feature of forum, chat and polls in that so will that mean i need...

hi

hi all, I hope to make new friends here 😀
Do you have a live chat software on your website? Does having a live chat software help in increasing ROI? What are other kinds of live chat software that are...
Bangalore: Indian IT firms reject 90 percent of college graduates and 75 percent of engineers who apply for jobs because they are not good enough to be trained, according to...