Crazy Idea: Let's Create an Engineers' Pledge/Oath

Everyone is aware of the fact that Doctors take pledge/oath when they graduate.
But we as engineers don't take any such pledge or oath.

Let's create our own "Engineers' Pledge".

We will start by collecting points that we would like to include in it.
For e.g. What are the rules that you should abide to as an engineer? What will make you a good engineer?
We can include something like 'things to follow when you start calling yourself an engineer'.

What do you think about this idea? Please shoot your opinions and comments and interesting points to be added in the pledge.

We will compile them into one final engineers' pledge ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    my oath is
    "as a electrical engineer i never make people live in darkness at any cost"
  • freak16
    freak16
    I never do MBA.As it is a ditch to my Engineer degree. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    as an engineer i will come with innovative solutions that will ease the life of all others.

as a civil engineer i will build comfortable homes that stand with time. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    an other oath
    "as an engineer i will make many engineers and make them to be as good competitors to the other engineers"
  • Reya
    Reya
    as a engineer i will never give up for anything and will discover some technology ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    freak16
    I never do MBA.As it is a ditch to my Engineer degree. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Ha ha! That was interesting. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I pledge to be innovative... always!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Experience the cultural extravaganza at SHRI RAMDEOBABA KAMLA NEHRU ENGINEERING COLLEGE kick starting from 3rd feb. Feel the symphony in the cultural atmosphere. New events like paintball, zorbing, boxcricket any...
Wikileaks quickly became a household name by leaking out government documents and unearthing the videos of Iraq war. WikiLeaks has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize by Snorre Valen,...
Hello to all CEans out there , I'm HAROLD from AKLAN, Philippines. Studying BS Civil Engineering. I'm now on my 3rd year and I really love watching dvd's and I'm...
Myntra.com - leading custom apparel design & ecommerce company based out of Bangalore (also responsible for most the CEoM T-Shirts) has just released a new version of their website. The...
Now buying Microcontrollers, wireless, sensors and motors and other stuff for your robotics and electronic project needs is even easier. I'm happy to announce that our moderator CEan Ash and...