Coverage area of FM signals

In continuous wave modulation, FM signals cover LESS area than AM signals when their transmission is concerned. Why is it SO? 😛

Replies

• just2rock
    just2rock
    Think Simple ...AM ..modulates its amplitude continuosly ,as X(t)=a sinwt+angle.
    Fm,on the other hand need Transponder or other means to strenghten its signal on continous curve,because it cant regenerate on continuous wave mod.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hai, my car (tata indica) is now a days not starting while the engine is in hot condition. it is starting normally cooling for a while. can any body guess...
I recently traveled to Delhi for a personal trip. I was roaming around with my brother in law in the New Delhi city, enjoying the heat from inside of the...
hiiiiiiiiiiii frnds i'm new 2 dis
Hi, As part of an invention I’m working on, I’ve found myself in a technological realm I have no training in, and know little about. I’m wondering if anyone here...
CEans, I'm infamous for advertising CE wherever I go. But I don't mind. Recently I had been to Dapoli Beach (Konkan, India) and look what I did - Your comments...