Could we use exercise machines as energy sources?

Hey guys could we use exercise machines for generating energy?
Please support your ideas with the pros and cons of it.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zaki_whiz03
    Hey guys could we use exercise machines for generating energy?
    Please support your ideas with the pros and cons of it.
    Yes, we had a discussion about using the machines in the gym to power the gym itself. But it seems that the overall energy generation through exercise machines isn't really enough to satisfy the energy needs of the gym.
  • zaki_whiz03
    zaki_whiz03
    How about increasing the output by using gears of different sizes and increasing the output. Like in the case of by-cycle when you pedal you rotate the larger gear wheel ('m' times) and which in turn rotates the smaller gear wheel by 'n' times where (n>m). similarly if the total output is converted in such a way then the energy generated can be increased..
  • zaki_whiz03
    zaki_whiz03
    at least the energy generated could be used to charge your battery (car/inverter) or to run any small power consumption devices..
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    zaki_whiz03
    at least the energy generated could be used to charge your battery (car/inverter) or to run any small power consumption devices..
    These are commercially available @ about US$600 for a 100w generator. However, one can only expect about 50w on a sustained basis. Age is also a major factor.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Board of IT Education Standards (BITES) and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Asia’s largest IT company are organising the Second edition of the Engineering IT Quiz – “TCS TechBytes”. VISIT...
Could anyone pls help me in finding out a good latest research topic on computer
I would like to know if anyone can help me in finding the price list of the parts of mahindra alfa. I actually need it for a project. Thanks
I got this mail- It is regarding FEM. Those interested should register at the link mentioned below. On Thursday, January 12th, COMSOL and NASA Tech Briefs will give a free...
Hi guys just wanna know what is the basic idea for matching transformer how does it match the impedance?