Cortana To Grab A New Avatar, Thanks To Windows 10 Insider Build 14352

It has been more than a year since Windows Insider Program was rolled out to celebrate the new features developed by Windows Developers. Previously, the new additions were only available for testing and debugging, centrally to developers, but with the Insider program, the testing system got distinct levels consisting of a hierarchy called ring system. In this, the fast ring testers get the updates sooner than slow ring testers but it could come with more bugs and issues.

Cortana_old_image

Good news for those who have signed up for Insider fast ring, as Microsoft has unleashed Windows Build 14352 exclusively for them. As in total, it has a lot to offer and amaze because some updates have uniquely integrated technology with the best customization possible as reported. Among them, the first position in stack goes to Cortana. Yes, it has been finally improved with some classic tweaks that boost Cortanas’ usability and accessibility. Currently, Cortana could play any song from systems’ internal files or OneDrive storage. With the latest update, if the user has a Groove music pass, he might be able to direct Cortana to play any song giving only a reference of songs’ name, genre, singers’ name or playlist. They call it users’ personal DJ.

Another addition, to aid Cortana had to be the timer. Now user can command Cortana to set a time for the particular task and manipulate it according to his will. He can alter, reschedule and ask how much time is left for the deadline that has already been set. In PCs, the feature pops up at the top of the lock screen and supports when logged in whereas in the case of phones it could simply work with text or speech feature.

Not only Cortana but some other applications got a varied scale of modifications that could accomplish the goal of making it much more user-friendly and accessible. Sticky notes, the helpful concept of note maker just got linked to different applications including Cortana. Now users can simply take note and directly push it to mail or write a URL which automatically gets one search results (with default browser) or individual's personal assistant Cortana could set reminders directly accessing the clubbed points on one's note. However, anytime one can revert back to old settings keeping sticky notes away from Windows Ink.

Furthermore, The Windows Ink ruler has happened to find a new compass tool coupled with it. If the orientation of the scale is pointing towards a cardinal point or a mid-point, the compass dot will become bold. Also, the updates offer a Game Bar with 10 new games with “Enable Full Screen” feature. Games include the latest editions of mind boggling League of Legends, World of Warcraft, DOTA 2, Battlefield 4, Counterstrike: Global Offensive, and Diablo III. Addition to that, some more alterations have been done with Windows GUI and now, it has promised to prompt feedback texts with additional “read more” information whenever Microsoft is doing something tricky in the background. As of now, although a list has been put up on the official blog, expectedly people are silently waiting to see how much can Cortana do and if it would ever catch up with Siri.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    I asked Cortana, yesterday
    Who is Siri? Cortana answered:

Cortana

I wonder what Siri says!
  • Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Cortona not available for india 😭😐
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    sharfudeen
    Cortona not available for india 😭😐
    Change the location buddy!!
    Then restart your computer
    And make sure the language is set as US english.
    However, my lappy works with my own location and US english. And hope , it's upgraded to windows 10

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It’s been a long time since Samsung and Sony first showcased their flexible display in 2010 and there hasn’t been any commercial products based on it. However, the Chinese start-up...
HP is providing summer training for B-Tech Students. I am looking for the Embedded System Training specifically. Is it worthy for 3rd year Electronics & Telecommunication Student? Any experience /...
Electronic devices play a key role in our lives by providing means of connectivity and security. Whether they are our wearable smart devices or any health tracking system, they are...
I am reading the book "Structures or why things don't fall down" by J.E. Gordon, and he states that "Young's modulus may be regarded as that stress which would double...
I'm sorry if this question sounds stupid, but I'm a recent graduate with a CSE degree & I'm thinking of making myself a portfolio that visitors can have a look...