Core Companies Vs IT Companies - What will you choose and why?

This debate is going on from many days in our college (and I am sure in many other colleges too!)

Let's conduct a survey and see what thousands of engineers visiting CE have to say.

Please choose one and describe why you support it.

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Being an IT Guy, I guess I am not eligible or I cannot answer this question. But, let me think in this way, what if I am a Mechanical Engineer or an Electronics Engineer or a Chemical Engineer.

Case I: Mechanical Engineer.
    Being a Mechanical Engineer, the scope is almost double than IT. There are places where there is no IT Companies, but machinery is needed at the most. So, I would choose core company.

Case II: Electronics Engineer.
    Either being an Electronics Engineer or Comp Sci Engineer would be the same. The scopes are almost hand on hand. In case of Comp Sci, I would be using my software knowledge to program the hardware, which is my core. But in case of EC, I would be working on the design of the hardware, and also I can design a software (driver), which used to handle the hardware interface. My decision would be either EC or Comp Sci!

Case III: Chemical Engineer.
    The difference is huge. I have learnt the basics of Comp Sci and have no idea about how I would handle Comp Sci at an advanced level. In this case, I would see if I get any good scope in Chemical stuff, else I would go blindly to Comp Sci!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What do you think about purely CS knowledge questions during the interview? What I mean is: Data structures (stacks, queues, lists, trees) Algorithms (sorting, search, shortest path, data compression) Recursion,...
Enhanced Date Rates4GSM Evolution ->It is a technology which enhance the capabilities of GSM ->It is faster than GPRS.
I will be sharing different questions in this thread. Its open for Engineers for all Branches. TRY TO ANSWER THESE HERE: What is the difference between JDK and JVM? What...
Amazing Concept iPhone 5. This CG iPhone 5 has advanced iPhone features such as a sleeker iPhone design, a laser keyboard & holographic display all rolled into this iPhone 5...
What is the placement process for Tata Motors in campus recruitment? Can someone share the questions from the papers of latest recruitment drives? It would be great if someone shares...