Cooling tower

HI GUYS 😉
I am a student of mechanical and want to know regarding the design of cooling towers as i have to use it in my final year project.
Please help me out with any kind of suggestions,sites or in any other way.

Thanks you All
😛

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess CEans would be happy to help you if you ask specific questions. What are the difficulties you are facing in the design of cooling towers?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yes, please ask specific questions. I have some experience with cooling towers and would be glad to help.
  • mechengine
    mechengine
    cooling tower efficiency calculation

im a 3rd yr mech engg student in an anna university affiliated college at
    Nagercoil in TamilNAdu
    im doing "fabrication of cooling tower" as mini project
    the tower possess "mechanical draft cooling system"
    I want to calculate the efficiency of cooling tower
    pls help me to find a soln😕
  • gohm
    gohm
    Do you already have your data for the calculation?
  • mechengine
    mechengine
    i dont knw wat are readings that is to be taken from the cooling tower 4 efficiency calculation??
  • gohm
    gohm
    You will need the following data:

cooling water flow rate
    cooling water inlet temp
    cooling water exit temp
    in air wet bulb temp
    in air dry bulb temp
    exit air wet bulb temp
    exit air dry bulb temp

then you will need to calculate the following:

waterside actual heat load
    in air wet bulb absolute humidity
    in air dry bulb absolute humidity
    % of saturation
    enthalpy condition at inlet & outlet
    calculate air flow on heat load of enthalpy condition
    calculate heat needed for evap

This will get you started...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Everybody!!I am a fresher and i live in pondicherry. I have got 2 job offers and I am really confused about which one to pick.I am good at French...
Official Website Link: IIT Bombay [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay will celebrate its 50[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]th[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Foundation Day on Thursday, March 12, 2009. The Chief Guest for the...
I have a blog (Mayur’s blog). Though its not one of the most popular blogs, I do have some content which is good. In any case, it is my proprietary...
Hi, I'm SlackerLX. I'm a doctoral researcher in Software Engineering. I'm addicted to my wife and SuSE :sshhh: Blog Profile: https://www.blogger.com/profile/06892403803884373473
hi. am devashish..a computer science student...4th sem. i want to do summer traning this at any of the iit campus . i wamt to know the process regarding that. plz...