Cool gadget-gesture recognition

some inventors have created a unique gesture recognition armband to control devices simply by moving your hands..it is named as MYO arm band..
you may think already there is such technology called WII then what is special about this...yes but this is special..in current technology WII the problem is that it requires you to be in a specific location because the motion sensors and cameras require positioning information to accurately interpret your motions..
but here in MYO armband there is no need of positioning information required and so it gives a greater freedom for movement..
gesture
now are you wondering how it works??its simple it uses the muscular and electrical activity in the forearm and detects the gestures..the detection is done without the arm being touched by electrodes and there is no time delay also..
this can be used to interact with TV's , computers,phones and any smart technology...
MYO currently recognises about 20 gestures...
coming to technical detais it uses bluetooth 4.0,features on board,rechargeable lithium ion batteries and works out of the box with MAC or windows pc..
this is going to be launched later this year...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not quite sure on how the technology is different from that found in Kinect 2.0 - which is much more sophisticated than what WII offers. Even if a person is wearing the band, he'd still have to be in the range so that the corresponding device can interact with it. What I love with Kinect 2.0 is that it can recognize even the smallest body movement and also the pressure distribution on various body parts.
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not quite sure on how the technology is different from that found in Kinect 2.0 - which is much more sophisticated than what WII offers. Even if a person is wearing the band, he'd still have to be in the range so that the corresponding device can interact with it. What I love with Kinect 2.0 is that it can recognize even the smallest body movement and also the pressure distribution on various body parts.

i think the difference is using MYO armband we can interact naturally with devices without the need for mouse,keyboard,touch screens etc.,
    also it is easily portable....
    for example we can use swipe motions to turn a page in the touch screens etc...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Heard about another tech called Leap Motion

Here it is dubbed to replace all the existing input device here is the trailer of it
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Conqueror
    Heard about another tech called Leap Motion

Here it is dubbed to replace all the existing input device here is the trailer of it
    Its out now! I seriously want to get a hold of it. Costs roughly $90
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    ash
    Its out now! I seriously want to get a hold of it. Costs roughly $90
    Well it may be promising but I am not sure whether it will rise into glory that fast

I heard both positive and negative comments about it So waiting for some expert CEan to comment on its performance

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CrazyEngineers came up with one more great interview for you,of a CEan who has been with us for very longtime, a CEan who has seen the transition of CE. So,...
In latest Beta version of the Firefox 23, the option available at user-end to disable & enable Java-script has been purged completely from the browser.The weird thing is, Mozilla haven't...
There are so many articles saying that even though the Intel's Smart Technology & Apple's Fusion Drive sounds similar, but It ain't. However, I am trolling blogs/forums for this since...
Yesterday, while coming back to home from college, I saw few kids on the streets were fighting. Being curious to know that what this new generation kids fight about &...
I am creating this thread here even though it's bit of technical thread related to Computers, Competitors shouldn't think that I am creating useless threads just to win. Overall, Our...