Conversion: mesh no. to screen opening in mm

How to convert mesh no to screen opening in mm? Have been looking for an answer for long time but with no success.

Replies

• babie_mo_ko16
    babie_mo_ko16
    I think there is a Tyler Screen series Table wherein, the mesh number has a corresponding screen opening or apperture in inches or centimeter. They are mostly used in the industry of sieving, i think. Unless there are other methods available..

The Tyler Screen Table can be found in any unit operations book..

Hope this helps.. 😀
  • Dil Jala
    Dil Jala
    1 mesh size means... 1 opening in a linear inch
    1 inch=25.4mm
    1 openings in 25.4 mm
    1/25.4 opening in 1mm
    0.03937 openings in 1mm

so there u have converting unit

when ever u have a mesh size multiply it by 0.03937 and u have tht in mm

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've come across many websites that do not let you view the content or use the services unless you register. The registration, most of the times, is free. What do...
the story is too good... story starts with jamal(hero) being questioned by police for cheating in 'Who wants to be a millionaire'( indian version='kaun banega karordpati'), a slum boy who...
Hi, There are lots of filters like Gabor, GLCM filters to extract features for the image. What is the difference between these filters and what are the other filters that...
I played the online quiz here - How Web 2 are you? | Quizible and scored 20/33. Can anyone list out all the correct answers? 😁
Recently, I met a guy (final year engineering student and a wannabe entrepreneur) who was searching for a co-founder to get started with his idea. I asked why he thought...