Controlled Demolition Of High-Rise / Skyscraper Buildings

Demolition of old buildings isn't a new thing. Modern explosives allow for a controlled demolition of buildings. But I haven't seen a controlled demolition of a high-rise building or a skyscraper. Just wondering what would be the challenges in destroying a skyscraper through explosives?

Can anyone offer insights?

Replies

• Nachko
    Nachko
    Don't think that this is possible. In my opinion, the upper part would be demolished manually and what's left would be blown down. Anyway, I am not even close to an expert, and the theme is quite interesting 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just wondering whether during such demolitions, is the base destroyed first or the top floors?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is the purpose of high pressure and low pressure turbine in rankine cycle with reheat......first we applied the steam on high pressure turbine and after that low pressure turbine...
what is the part of a vapour compression refrigeration system to which if u remove from the system then it will stop working?
Google Play Store more or less has confirmed that android jelly bean will be the name given to android version 4.1. We earlier thought Android 5 will be officially called...
Name:mohammad nazeeruddin *Engineering Trade:mechanical engineering Location:Hyderabad,andhra pradesh,india *Occupation:student Work Experience:--- *Hobbies & Interests: playing cricket or outdoor games,eating food. *Aim in life:to become a mechanical engineer in a reputed automobile...
Project ideas collection on web technologies for CS & IT engineering students. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these mini project ideas. This list has been...