Controling the cursor movement using eye movement

Hi,friends...will any one tell me how to control the cursor movement by sensing the eye movementšŸ˜

Replies

• adinickluv
    adinickluv
    Hey gokulkannan I think you should be much more clear of what you want. this is a bit confusing.
    I can give you the basic idea.
    You may need high quality motion senser which can detect your eye moment..or you may get a far better help using webcam..Try searching for Pranav Mistry's Sixth sense device and watch its video.
    That may give you some idea of getting forward in your project.
    Hope it may help.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    if what you are asking is some thing like the blue eye technology then the process is called :MANUAL AND GAZE INPUT CASCADED (MAGIC) POINTING

This work explores a new direction in utilizing eye gaze for computer input. Gaze tracking has long been considered as an alternative or potentially superior pointing method for computer input. We believe that many fundamental limitations exist with traditional gaze pointing. In particular, it is unnatural to overload a perceptual channel such as vision with a motor control task. We therefore propose an alternative approach, dubbed MAGIC (Manual And Gaze Input Cascaded) pointing. With such an approach, pointing appears to the user to be a manual task, used for fine manipulation and selection. However, a large portion of the cursor movement is eliminated by warping the cursor to the eye gaze area, which encompasses the target. Two specific MAGIC pointing techniques are there one conservative and one liberal. They were then tested in a pilot study. This early stage exploration showed that the MAGIC pointing techniques might offer many advantages, including reduced physical effort and fatigue as compared to traditional manual pointing, greater accuracy and naturalness than traditional gaze pointing, and possibly faster speed than manual pointing.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    TARGET ACTIVATION:

If one does not look at a target continuously for a set threshold (e.g., 200 ms), the target will not be successfully selected.
    On the other hand, if one stares at an object for more than the set threshold, the object will be selected, regardless of the userā€™s intention.
    In some cases there is not an adverse effect to a false target selection.
    Other times it can be annoying and counter-productive (such as unintended jumps to a web page).
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    ACTUAL WORKING:

In MAGIC, pointing and selection remains primarily a manual control task but it is aided by gaze tracking. The key idea is to use gaze to dynamically redefine (warp) the ā€œhomeā€ position of the pointing cursor to be at the vicinity of the target, which was presumably what the user was looking at, thereby effectively reducing the cursor movement amplitude needed for target selection.
    Once the cursor position had been redefined, the user would need to only make a small movement to, and click on, the target with a regular manual input device
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    Liberal technique:

Here the cursor automatically moves to the point where the user is staring or at least to its vicinity.

The liberal approach may appear ā€œpro-activeā€, since the cursor waits readily in the vicinity of or on every potential target.

The user may also feel that the cursor is over-active when he is merely looking at a target.

Conservative:

This technique does not warp a cursor to a target until the manual input device has been actuated.

Once the manual input device has been actuated the cursor is warped to the gaze area reported by the eye tracker. This area should be on or in the vicinity of the target.

The user would then steer the cursor annually towards the target to complete the target acquisition.

Once the user looks at a target and moves the input device, the cursor will appear ā€œout of the blueā€ in motion towards the target
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    Potential advantages of MAGIC pointing techniques:

Reduction of manual stress and fatigue.

Practical accuracy level in comparison to traditional pure gaze pointing.

The user does not have to be aware of the role of the eye gaze.

Speed. {Fittsā€™ Law, manual pointing time is logarithmically proportional to the A/W ratio, where A is the movement distance and W is the target size. In other words, targets which are smaller or farther away take longer to acquire. }

Improved subjective speed and ease-of-use.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi iam s final year telecommunication studnet, and i have chose to design my project named "PC To PC LASER COMMUNICATION". but iam unable to get the required material i-e...
will anyone please tell me this administrator password hacking
TechCrunch Report: Twitter Asks Users To Reset Passwords After Possible Phishing Attack Looks like there's a major attack going on to hack Twitter Accounts - Image Credit: TechCrunch
will any one tell me how to delete the registry files from the pc....thank you
what is the cost of piezoeletric crystals of 100nm thickness?