Contribution percentage towards Provident Fund may decrease from 12 % to 10%!

Currently, 12 percentage of basic pay of salary is deducted and deposited to Employee's PF account. If I am not wrong, this percentage mark is a fixed one for employees of all sector.

NaMo led Central Government of India is now thinking of doing amendments in the law through which the fixed contribution percentages will decrease to 10%. From 23rd February, the parliamentary budget session is starting, where there are chances that the bill will be tables for amendment in the law.

FYI, if an employee wants to set the PF contribution percentages more than the fixed one, they can contact the finance section of the respective companies. The company where I am working has a web-based platform where employees can set this number.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While accessing Whatsapp via Web if you are getting error "Trying to reach phone, make sure your phone has an active internet connection" along with "retrying in x seconds" message...
I found this guy skipping around on YouTube. He is amazing. Talk about ideas and energy. I wish he lived close by. I'd be over his house playing with him...
Hi..... creaters of the world! I am new to crazy engineers.com...
Being able to explore the red planet Mars while sitting in a NASA Jet Propulsion Lab is a dream of every researcher working on the project. The arrival of Microsoft's...
Project Abstract / Summary : This Project represents a design of embedded video streaming server. It makes use of ARM11 processor & embedded Linux operating system as platform & develops...