Contraption

Has Tom and jerry always amused you😁?well then,even the thought of contraption must have.Let's build a contraption sequence here.

Replies

• cranky
    cranky
    hello
    no body with ideas??πŸ˜’
  • Red Hawk
    Red Hawk
    I didn't get you.. What do you mean by a 'contraption sequence'? Do you need any help in building a contraption or do you want us to share our experience with our contraptions?
  • cranky
    cranky
    sorry for being unclear.What I meant is we could create a sequence.Like anybody could suggest a conversion of energy.Lets say to start with:we have a stone which using a catapult dislocates a series of dominoes😁
  • raja2030
    raja2030
    Red Hawk
    I didn't get you.. What do you mean by a 'contraption sequence'? Do you need any help in building a contraption or do you want us to share our experience with our contraptions?
    i want do a contraption
    the aim is to open the window curtain in morning to wake persons
    the 1st operation can be using a alarm and then using a mic to convert sound to electrical
    could u please give me some idea about this one and regarding various energy conversions
    please reply it soon
    as i have to do it by 30th of this month
  • cranky
    cranky
    How about starting with a sequence.How many steps do you want in?
  • imjiant
    imjiant
    Aha, a Rube Goldberg machine. I love these. So we aim to open the curtains? Why not begin with an old fasioned alarm clock that uses a gear actuated hammer to ring two bells? We can attach a cord to the hammer to begin the sequence at the desired time. Perhaps going to Cranky's idea, the cord releases the catapult to set off the dominos.

J
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I've never had the chance to do a Rube Goldberg machine πŸ˜” Though here's an interesting one done by honda:

[youtube]ZwwWtbMfEFE[/youtube]

Some parts look a little unbelievable. Can any of you explain how the tires go up the ramp? πŸ˜‰
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    It is a cool video, however I feel some parts are animated. Case in point, the tires going up the ramp!!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, the story goes that it took more than 600 takes to get the sequence right. Not sure if thats true or not!

Possible explanation of the tire.. something really heavy attached inside the tire at the front, causing it to move forward a little πŸ˜› Plausible?
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    ash
    Well, the story goes that it took more than 600 takes to get the sequence right. Not sure if thats true or not!

Possible explanation of the tire.. something really heavy attached inside the tire at the front, causing it to move forward a little πŸ˜› Plausible?
    Now that you mention it, it does seem possible.
  • kaushik0608
    kaushik0608
    hi i am a new CE user.i would like to participate in an event called contraption in iit hyderabad(elan).can anyone give me a clear idea of "contraptions".i know that it is a sequence of energy conversions to complete a required task but i would like to know a little more than that.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    raja2030
    i want do a contraption
    the aim is to open the window curtain in morning to wake persons
    the 1st operation can be using a alarm and then using a mic to convert sound to electrical
    could u please give me some idea about this one and regarding various energy conversions
    please reply it soon
    as i have to do it by 30th of this month
    Contraption amused me a lot since college daya only where I won first prize at a national level tech fest.

@ Raja - Idea,
    1. Start with Alarm, use sound to convert sound in electrical and start your computer,
    2. start a song (set it at wnidwos schedular), use voice recognizer to switch on a circuit that is connected to a electrical burner,
    3. Using that flame burn a thread of a pendulam
    4. attach this pendulam with the fan which inturn will be connected to pile of cassets,
    5. drop them on a notebook or hard board (a few pins would be sticked to it)
    6. This board (means pins) will tear a ballon which would e filled with water,
    7. let water drop in a tub which will complete a circuit and in turn that would be connected to a motor
    8. This motor would start a fan a thread attach to a fan
    9. Than fan would open the window curtain.
    Should I make it a bit more lengthy πŸ˜€

-CB
    well done crazy boy😎,nice work there.can u explain the point where water falls int the tub and motor starts
  • kkushal99
    kkushal99
    what is the contraption? can you tell me what ideas are used to make contraption?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Ceans, ​ We are Going to arrange a Meet at Ankleshwar(Gujarat,India) on 18th July. interested Ceans Please Reply with "I'm Ready For this Meet". Ceans Ready For This Meet:...
For all those who enjoy quizzing and the likes of making intelligent guesses,I am starting this thread hoping we can carry this forward to learn more interesting things RULES: 1.Please...
Hi Guys.... I m commuanik17 and m new to this forum. I wish to regularly post threads and help out all our friends here with electronics and share mine as...
Hello Everybody, Rony Here.
. No free advertising on CE, Please πŸ˜€