construction of robots please help

hi this is vinod. i am a b.tech first year student. i am doing a small project in building robots if any one can give me details. please help me. i need to do it by 12th of march 2009. in this event i need to construct a robot and have to particepate in a race. please help me.

Replies

• Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    my friends project is to design a robot that collects mobile size objects and dump in it
    simply garbage collector
    He constructed that robot and the detailed steps are available in the following link
    #-Link-Snipped-#

it may helps you something
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    thanks may i know where are you from?
  • gohm
    gohm
    what kind of robot? Give us details on your plan so we can assist.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    i need to participate in a competion where there is a track made of mud,water and something like that. i need to complete a race by coming first.
  • naks4u
    naks4u
    dude first of all you have to be very much specific with the dimensions of your robot because these are the things which can make difference , please try to make your robot small in dimension as compare to the track it will help u to control ur robot much more easily and efficently,now traction of ur wheels is the next part and then the motors, approximate what will be the total weight of ur robot going to be, depending upon that decide the torque and then the speed of ur motors ok ....
  • gohm
    gohm
    what is your power source? How large of a bot? tracked or wheeled?
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    wheeled. it can have a dimension of 30*30cm
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    i have to run it on chargble 12v batterys. and you can have a little information in the given link. #-Link-Snipped-# and click stanza and waves in the top right and then click on robotics
  • jvivin1990
    jvivin1990
    hi all,

i have started building a line follower for a competition.but the constraint given is a black line(width 20cm) in a white background.
    my idea with 4 ir sensors works only for thin black lines.in this case how can we build such wide robots ?
    how much sensors will be needed? is there exists any alternative idea?

pls reply competition is nearing...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dilbert Fans! Here's an end-to-end solution to all your Dilbert Needs: Dilbert.com - The Official Dilbert Website with Scott Adams' color strips, Dilbert animation, mashups and more! Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜
Toyota's new concept personal transport the iReal: video & review located here: Video: Toyota iReal personal mobility vehicle review | T3.com 20 mph top speed, couple hour charge. Morphs between...
I am Robert Brown.I am here to share my views and thoughts about Sustainability,climate energy and to actively participate in all the board activities . I am sure to have...
CEans, We need two of you to volunteer to interview startup owners around the world. Note that we need two CEans (to start with) who - Are entreprenurial in nature,...
We generally discuss about our favourite trackes, lets find the most hated songs by all here's mine: tere Bin Zinda hu mai Nimbuda nimbuda