Construction of a wheel less robot.

Hello everybody,
I'm Ram, pursuing electronics engineering. I've to design a robot which should be mobile, but it should not use any conventional arrangements like wheels, belts or chains or anything of that sort. Ofcourse it could be a biped or tetraped. But the thing is I'm relatively new to robotics and I'm not yet into bipeds and all. So please suggest some new method to make the bot move. Any kind of help in the form of a web link or circuit diagram etc. will be helpful.

Thank you all...

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hey Ram. I'd love to try to make a biped one too! Hm, a quick search came out with these:

#-Link-Snipped-# (biped)

#-Link-Snipped-# (various non-wheeled)

#-Link-Snipped-# (has circuit diagrams. looks good!)

What about a hover-kinda robot, like in hovercrafts? Though, I suppose u'd have to make the structure super light or something.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    you could also try SMA's. Smart Memory aloys. google it. Im doing my project presently or else I would have givne some links.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    xheavenlyx
    you could also try SMA's. Smart Memory aloys. google it. Im doing my project presently or else I would have givne some links.

Ya, thanks. I googled SMA's and it was good. But i came to know that they were too costly and are not suitable for college level projects. I heard only professionals use it. We need to consider the cost too...
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    hey ash,
    Thanks very much ya. The links were quite good. Please continue helping in whatever manner possible...
    Bye...
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Actually if you can find a company nearby or at a nearer city, call them up and ask if they can you know discount for students, because one or 2 SMA's for a student project is fine, not many people ask for it. They might even provide some samples as they give to other companies too before they buy in huge quantities.
  • mlumanta
    mlumanta
    hey guys can you tell me if there are possible projects you know that uses PIC microcontroller?please help., tnx
  • umakaviya
    umakaviya
    Ya ofcourse it is possible.You can do it by using legs for the robo.It has to lift the leg and move.But it might be costly.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Welcome two new sections on CrazyEngineers ๐Ÿ˜! - Project Ideas & Seminar Topics - CE Blogs We'll run these sections on trial basis for finite period. If successful, we'll...
I am currently still going to school as an EE major, I am taking an electronics devices class, I seem to be having issues with this diagram: Sorry if it...
Hello all engineers and potential engineers out there. This thread is to give the new members a clear direction on how to post their questions to the forums and get...
hey!s i guess we are missing one important and "the" most fascinating engineering trade in today's world! THE MATERIALS SCIENCE & ENGINEERING!!! calling out material science s out here! lets...
Probably not a good topic for debate. But you'll agree, its an interesting topic! What, according to you, was the greatest engineering achievement in 20th century & why? -The Big...