Construction Marvels

Artificial Beach in Japan! Look at the way they've simulated an entire beach right inside a stadium. Only Japanese engineers can do it.

[​IMG]

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Where is it located in Japan? And isn't it just a normal swimming pool inside a dome and sand placed around it?

Correct me if I am wrong.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    @AbraKaDabra The above picture shows the first artificial salt and pollution free Sea beach situated on Japan's southernmost Kyushu Island, 1,500 kilometers south of Tokyo.

"Well, they say surfers enjoy it even though the currents were artificial" - "Yes, why don't they?" - "will" Since It has a 85 - meter long shoreline and that huge Ocean dome can almost swallow approximately 6 football pitches - having lot more attractions and many more shops waiting for their tourists and can house 10,000 tourists in it - fading the real beach alone which is only 300 meters away from the location of this Ocean Dome.

Adding more information about the beach - Assets for this beach are : The weather which is always great, sunny and warm; lush green tropical forests without rainfalls and humidity but with parrots songs; nice white beach with crushed marble pebbles without any bugs and sun burns; chlorinated salt - free water; every 12 minutes the volcano becomes active and every hour it produces fire; incredible waves for surfers.

Here are some more pictures of this beach :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final word, All you need to spend for experiencing this awesome crazy engineering construction is - if you're from Japan or near to Japan is 50$.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Awesome. That is real cheap @ $50. It is like a water theme park that anyone will not be able to resist. +1.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Millau Viaduct

[​IMG]

The Millau Bridge is a cable-stayed road-bridge that spans the valley of the River Tarn in the Massif Central mountains, southern France. This tallest/top giant engineering construction - which summit at 343 meters above the base of the structure and weighs 36,000 tons - was designed by the French structural engineer Michel Virlogeux and British architect Norman Foster.

[​IMG]

It took exactly 3 years and 2 days for the completion of this crazy engineering event/ giant bridge after laying the first stone on 14th of December, 2001. The central pillar of this bridge is higher than the famous French icon, the Eiffel Tower and is possibly one of the most breath taking bridges ever built.

A "bridge" in "heaven" :

[​IMG]

An Awesome sight :

[​IMG]
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    AbraKaDabra
    Awesome. That is real cheap @ $50. It is like a water theme park that anyone will not be able to resist. +1.
    50$ - Cheap! Hmm - 😐 - Rich people every where! 👀

Forgot to mention : It's
    US $50 for adults, with rides running $5-10 more. Add $10 more for two hours with a boogie board, or $5 for two hours of inner tube rental and can add many more inside. Hence go with full wallet instead of maintaining economy. 😛 😁 ​
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to : #-Link-Snipped-# 👍
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    MOSE Project

[​IMG]

The MOSE (MOdulo Sperimental Elettromeccanico, Experimental Electromechanical Module) is a project intended to protect the city of Venice, Italy from floods. The project has been debated in one form or another for over 40 years as a way to protect this historical city-on-the-water for future generations. With Venice slowly sinking, and the water around it slowly rising, and floods always a fear, Italians have known for a long time that something needs to be done. Finally the Prime Minister of Italy approved the second phase of the plan, including 80 hinged barries, each approximately 6,500 square feet - finally, resulted this largest flood prevention project- which is an integrated defense system consisting of rows of mobile gates able to isolate the Venetian Lagoon from Adriatic Sea when the tide reaches above an established level (110cm) and up to a maximum of 3 m (9.8 ft).

[​IMG]

Happy - City - People - with the project!

[​IMG]
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    #-Link-Snipped-#, create new thread for different construction wonders. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi i am a student studying mca in viziag I am very much interest about computers
Hello crazyengineers.com i am TAMOGHNA CCHAKRABORTY . i am a Bengali and i live in Lucknow. i am pursuing my B.TECH from SHIATS ALLAHABAD and i am in my 3rd...
I think a lot of CEans might have been placed in different companies in the academic session 2011-2012. A lot of engineers panic when they don't hear from the company...
Is southern power grid is connected to the national power grid in India?
GlacialTech's Igloo 6200 CPU coolers have been specially designed to reduce the noise of the CPU cooling fans. The new product has been launched lfor 130 watts Intel LGA2011 CPUs....