Construction is on the "UP"

Hi, I am an "oldie" from the UK construction industry. Its time for me to stop but I cant, instead of pulling on my slippers and cardigan, I pull on my PPE.
I live in a world of constant improvement, theodolite becomes robotic total station, notepad and pencil becomes stylus and PC. Where will it end and when will I have had enough? I recon the answer to both is "never".
I studied for 5 years, only to find that what I learned was out of date by the sixth year. I am still hungry and my appetite knows no limits.
So, I am constantly moving, constantly learning, just in time to find that what I learned is out of date. Feed me!!!!

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Our purpose is to make things out of date, which you seem quite 'UP'to.
    You can pass on the 'Onward Christian soldier' (read as CEan soldier) to the youngsters here.
    Welcome to the world of '(version) change is the only constant thing'.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As we know, Android is using Java compatible Libs & running on VM, is this the reason why Android consumes too much of RAM ? -In blog,I have read that...
Last week was one hella crazy 7 days, - Ubuntu Released ROM for Phones. - Ubuntu announced ROM for Tablets. - Sony revealed PlayStation 4. - Kernel 3.8 released. -...
Hey guys, my friend is basically a mechanical engineer. Now he is into a textile industry, please recommend a source(weblink, books, videos etc) , so that he can get through...
Hello Everyone! I would like to have some help and support from you guys in calculating a few parameters regarding centrifugal fan in aspiration system. Your help will be highly...
Flipkar is offering some of selected albums from all geners to download MP3 for fee.๐Ÿ˜ Get here a legal copy of yours. This is amazing offer and some of the...