Constant Force Mechanisms

Hey,

I am trying to design a wearing test equipment. I need to apply a constant vertical force to a surface and move it sideways but the height of the surface is not constant. I've seen that some test equipments use weights as the force and the constant gravityof the earth is handling the rest.

Do you know any mechanism for constant force transmision (linear or rotational). I know the springs in the clocks are constant force springs but anything else?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am doing project using Surface Fitting Tool in MATLAB. I have got many doubts and i am in need of help.. Is there anyone who knows Surface Fitting Tool?
The new Hyundai Xcent has been launched in India today with some impressive features. From the looks of the new sedan, we can say they are a bit progressive yet...
Lenovo has launched a new Ideapad Notebook in India with Lenovo Z510 running Windows 8.1 operating system. Powering this laptop is a 4th Generation Intel Core i5/i7 processor. Featuring a...
Even after numerous security and privacy updates, controversies surrounding the Facebook acquired messenger WhatsApp do not seem to slow down. More and more privacy concerns as well as security holes...
Steve Edwards submitted a new project: Mi World Portable Computing System: Mobile Server & Personal Cloud - Secure, mobile, supercomputer, server, hot spot, & personal cloud that fits in your...