Connectors

What is the difference between hub,switches and routers ??

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Hello rishi

post your question in appropriate section.
    you can post any cs question here #-Link-Snipped-#

before post any thread on CE check this out #-Link-Snipped-#
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @Mohit....its ok man...there are a lot of telecommunications engineers around here who would love to explain that.
    @rishi0922...a hub is a simple device which is used to connect two segments of a fibre-optic cable together to act as a single network segment.There is no decision making device inside that.The input that comes in will be broadcast to all other devices.
    A switch is a device which provides addressing capability to a computer n/w.Based on the depstination port address the switch will provide that output line to the data packet.
    A router is a device used for digital modulation of the signal as well as encryption.It can provide multiple connections in a network and is used for setting up a LAN.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Im planning on working in the computer field, and right now I am in an Information Technology school to get my associates in IT. But, I think that I want...
Hey, I'm student of 3rd year Computer Science. I would like to do MS after my graduation. Where I can get the best education? US or UK? What preparations should...
😒I would like to do a project to make deaf and dumb communicate each other... They talk through sign language so can i make digital image processing t make their...
Hello I've modeled something like a wind tunnel and because the fan has a hub at the center (with zero air flow), the flow profile at the end of the...
Friends as we know that DHCP(dynamic host configuration protocol) is a fundamental technology to assign IP addresses to computers connected to a network. One of my friend has told me...