Connect the pictures - 7

Hi, here comes another one. Connect them..

[โ€‹IMG]
[โ€‹IMG]

[โ€‹IMG]

happy connecting.

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    well, some pointers.

1) You dont have to identify the persons in the picture. They are not very well known.

2) Identify only what connects them.

One hint is, the connect is engineering based.
    And if you find this too difficult, tell me. I'll provide more pictures to further confuse you. he he.. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    the third picture looks like a submarine explosive
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ok, clues..

1) The lady in the first picture is an actress

2) The guy in the second picture is a musician

3) The third picture is a torpedo.
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    I think those three wold be guided by some one for better results as
    1 Actress should be guided by director
    2Musician should be guided by Music director and lastly
    3Torpedo should be guided by some guiding systems
    Am i right?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Raviteja.g
    I think those three wold be guided by some one for better results as
    1 Actress should be guided by director
    2Musician should be guided by Music director and lastly
    3Torpedo should be guided by some guiding systems
    Am i right?
    This is too generic to be the connect between these three pictures, dont you think??
    I have mentioned that the connect is engineering oriented.

Think I'll have to give more clues..๐Ÿ˜
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ok, i'll give mor epictures and confuse you. You can connect the following pictures along with the previous ones..

[โ€‹IMG]

[โ€‹IMG]

ok, so what connects an actress, a musician, a torpedo and these two pictures??
    I'm sure you can identify these pictures..
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    The lady in the first picture is Hedy Lamarr.

The guy in the second picture is George Anthiel.

Hedy Lamarr invented with her partner George Anthiel a way to send off torpedoes with out the other ship knowing. It was channel (frequency)hopping tecnology.It helps with modern day cell phones, pagers, and any other wireless electronics!

Hedy knew that "guided" torpedos were much more effective hitting a target. The problem was that radio-controlled torpedos could easily be jammed by the enemy. Neither she nor Antheil were scientists.

Antheil's contribution was to suggest the device by which synchronization could be achieved. He proposed that rapid changes in radio frequencies could be coordinated the way he had coordinated the sixteen synchronized player pianos.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Superb miniy ๐Ÿ˜. I am becoming your fan.๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    ES Salutes Miniy

PS : Its hightime we need to give a separate designation in CE to miniy.
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    @Shalini:i am already your fan ๐Ÿ˜..

@ES:Thank you..

PS:Frankly speaking,I dont know about the lady and that guy in the picture before.Today only i learned about them.
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    Amazing Yamini!
    How did you get the names of persons in the pictures?
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    Raviteja.g
    Amazing Yamini!
    How did you get the names of persons in the pictures?
    With the help of clues given by SS..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Amezing Yamini..

Everytime i have to post the same Reply
    Speechless
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ok, I"ve been away for a while.
    Good show again, miniy. ๐Ÿ˜‰

And as for the exact answers,
    the lady in the first picture is Hedy Lamarr, an actress of Austrian origin.
    The guy in the second picture is George Antheil, a musician from the USA.
    The third picture is a torpedo used int he second world war.

Hedy Lamarr was married to a German arms dealer who had ties with Hitler and Mussolini, and allegedly supplied arms to them.
    Hedy didnt like this and she was kept in captivity, like in house arrest. As the story goes, she escaped and went to the USA. There, she got into acting and became a famous and sought after actress. Then she met a musician by the name george anthels and they started discussing how could the allied powers defeat the axis countries.

The problem at that time was that, Germans were advanced in technology. Hedy suggested they device a mechanism to guide a torpedo to the enemy ship. That mechanism should be impervious to jamming by the opponents. Presently, most of the torpedoes were jammed half way, and were rendered useless.
    So, they deviced the Frequency hopping spread spectrum modulation to guide the torpedo. Hedy came up with the basic idea of spreading the information in the frequency domain. George heped with frequency synchronization, with his knowledge of synchronizing the pianos. They jointly got the patent for this, and soon, such torpedoes were deployed. They were a huge success.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    This was the first time, and probably the only time that I know of, that an actress and a musician, who obviously had no proper engineering education, got an engineering patent. And that too in a very important technology that helped change history.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    oh, I forgot the last two pictures i posted. They were respectively, the logos of Bluetooth and WiFi.
    Both are communication standards, used to communicate wirelessly.

The thing connecting these two and the previous pics is also spread spectrum modulation.
    Bluetooth uses the same Frequency hopping spread spectrum.
    Wifi uses Direct sequence spread spectrum, a variation of the spread spectrum technique.

So, the final connect is SPREAD SPECTRUM MODULATION.

Cheers๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, this is srikanth .I have a problem with applets.Program successfully compiled but appletviewer cant be initialized my browser also opens a blank page what is the problem and how...
if i have rear wheels car with a diagonal split the pressure in the 2 lines is the same?if i measure this 2 output lines i must find the same...
Can any one please give me the link to download a free e book for BSNL JTO Preparation Exam
[This is a paid job] CEans, If anyone among you can develop plugins for wordpress (and buddypress); I have a simple project for you that won't take more lot of...
how can i measure the coefficient of Adhesion and the Adhesion Utilisation curves?