Connect an electric guitar pickup to PC

Hello,

I would like to connect my guitar pickup directly to my PC, is it possible?

I've wired an electric guitar pickup to a cable, which plugs directly to my sound card (where a microphone ought to be plugged):

Sound Card -> Cable -> Electric Guitar Pickup.

But it does not work properly. My PC almost does not receive any data - you can only notice it, when you strongly tap a massive iron on the pickup magnets (such as scissors).

It is important to add, that when I plug a standard electric guitar to my sound card (with a similar cable which I am now using), it works perfectly.

Please, Could anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thank you so much in advance.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

weka-a datamining tool does anyone know how to apply dataset on it and extract data from it ....if possible with diagrams😁
It is relatively easy to string together some words to make a project title. For example: 1. Applications of genetic algorithms to reinforced concrete design 2. Concrete design of genetic...
is there any way i can change my user name as its too long. please help.😕
Hi guys, I'm looking for some help with a project. I am looking to control the current flow from an AC source using a PIC and MOSFET. I almost have...
hello everyone, let me introduce myself to all you guys. Even though i am a member since long i was quite inactive. Name: Harsh Engineering Trade: Electrical Location: India Occupation:...