Confusion with calculating average lift for duty cycle of a crane

Well, it's been some time i couldn't turn here but it's always better to late then never. Well i am back with a technical question that i was having a discussion with my team today. This is related with duty cycle of a crane and the formula is (2*HW*ASP*AZ)/(60*V) where HW stands for Avg height or lift, ASP is motion of hook and in cycle per hour while AZ is working hour per day And V is hoist speed. Now Generally we calculate This for constant weight and weight doesn't affect this formula, but if weight varies for instance crane lifts 10Tone having avg lift 3 mtr, Then 7 tone with 5 mtr and 5 tone with 7 mtr at different moment of working hours. then how we are going to calculate avg eight or lift. i was told that we do not need to consider weight but i am still in doubt. so would the avg lift would be just (3+5+7)/3=5mtr as in general we would calculate simply or it would be (as i was doing):-(10*3+7*5+5*7)/(10+5+7)=4.5 approx. please explain your answer.๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Many more happy returns of the day ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ May all your wishes come true ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ where is the treat for CEans?
Project simulates human brain to enhance computer power Read more: Project simulates human brain to enhance computer power | News | The Engineer โ€‹
Removing shock from the system with magnetic fluids Read more: Removing shock from the system with magnetic fluids | In-depth | The Engineer โ€‹
CEans, We've been writing VoiCE for quite some time now and have gathered a team of talented technology authors who contribute to VoiCE. Each VoiCE author has his/her unique writing...
The Indian Government may never release the promised $35 tablet, however, My Drona - another Indian Tablet is already available for masses. The smart device aims to be your digital...