Confused about career, suggestion and advice needed

Hello everyone!! I'm Ritika and I'm in the 7th sem of btech ECE. Now the topic of my concern is career. And I really need guidance. People say that I should pursue my interest. And from here my problem start coz actually I'm interested in multiple fields.
So cutting it in brief.my area of interests are
I like robotics very much. I had many projects in my mind but when I like right now think of completing them I face many problems. But for my ideas of those project I can say it is impossible for me to stop thinking about them.
2. I want do a job after btech however I don't know it will be a right decision I don't know how to pursue my dreams. Which course should I prefer after btech.
3. My mind is having brainstorm between ies , preparation for job in companies, or something related to research .
So plz do help me advice me what I really need to do.
If it's research then what I should plan to get entry in research institute
If it's company then which courses I should prefer for training. I'm doing one in embedded systems(8051) + Raspberry pi
If it is ies then how can I plan for its preparation, which subjects are important for it. I know the syllabus but still.
So hope I get the answer. Because I think this is high time I should decide one thing and don't look back so that I can prepare with concentration.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Robotics has a great future. If you can, go after it full tilt:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If your interest is in robotics, you can do it full time or part time or as a hobby. First find out what kind of jobs each of your interest may lead to and check if you're willing to 'pay the price', which is sum total of time, money and efforts to achieve it. If it looks exciting; then go for it.

Passion, usually is highly misunderstood. You need to classify your interests into - something that you can opt for career and something you can do as a hobby or part-time.

IES doesn't seem to fit in your scheme.
  • Ritika Sharma
    Ritika Sharma
    Thank you ramani sir and katdare sir for your reply.
    I want to ask what should I do next to pursue career in robotics??
    And what about research if could carry out my researches and be able to realise
    my dream projects.
    And about ies , I had enlisted it because everyone is preparing for one or another exam and it feel like I am lagging behind. And I was doubtful for the career in robotics in India unable to find a better option I thought that PSUs are something I can opt for.
    Plz enlighten me for the skills and other things necessary to be something in the field of robotics.
    What courses or training I should prefer??
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    You may have to do a PG in Mechatronics. There are defence research labs as also ISRO working on robotics. Lots more abroad.
  • Ritika Sharma
    Ritika Sharma
    How can I get an entry, job or internship in these labs or entry in isro?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Try through your college.
    Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR), DRDO, in Bangalore is what you should try for.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ritika Sharma
    Ritika Sharma
    Then apart from exam, I must learn some skills. Isn't it ?? So can you please enlighten me in this too. And actually I want to enhance my knowledge and skills as much as I can so which course for training I should prefer?? And what about exam? Is it only my btech syllabus that would be included or some extra for getting entry in the DRDO or isro
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The usual design skills like CAD CAM, domain expertise in mechatronics and the usual engineering knowledge should suffice.
    As for current practices in specific institutions, it is best to contact each or visit the place if possible.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There is an organization called Coursera that offers free and paid courses. Some of the paid courses have options for scholarship. I have taken some courses there and found that they were good. Robotics is not my area. So I am unable to give you an opinion. If you feel like you can investigate this course on Robotics from Penn State University.

Robotics | Coursera

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers at MIT have come up with a fluorescent gel based sensor that responds to external stimuli by changing its color. If it is heated, shaken, exposed to acid action...
Like political understanding, science and technology have always merged together to deliver the next big thing. As a matter of fact, now most of the products are hybrids and innovation...
So I posted on here looking for an engineer in hardware for computers I need someone who can engineer a motherboard and everything else for an invention I thought up....
Real monkey business!
After completing his B.Tech and M.Tech in Computer Science from IIT Delhi, Ashish Jindal started working a software development engineer at Amazon. Within a period of 11 months, he realised...